Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Austrian Gen 4 G27 pistols in stock now!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark18 View Post
    In the US, the G27 retails for about $600 USD. The HiCal price appears to be $1,200 + tax + shipping.
    Yep multiple places under 600. Can anyone explain the reason behind it being double and the ever popular exchange rate reason won't work for me on this one lol

Sad to say but that looks simply awful. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by hfx123 View Post
    Yep multiple places under 600. Can anyone explain the reason behind it being double and the ever popular exchange rate reason won't work for me on this one lol
    Sure, $600 us = $800 Canadian, Add a Canadian length match grade ported Storm Lake barrel, $225= $1025 right off the bat, Broker it, ship it up here, pay duties & associated costs, verify & register them as restricted instead of prohib,then add some profit to make it a worthwhile investment of your money in the project of bringing some cool guns that would not be available otherwise....
    Last edited by hical.ca; 07-06-2015 at 01:24 AM.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Sure, $600 us = $800 Canadian, Add a Canadian length match grade ported Storm Lake barrel, $225= $1025 right off the bat, Broker it, ship it up here, pay duties & associated costs, verify & register them as restricted instead of prohib,then add some profit to make it a worthwhile investment of your money in the project of bringing some cool guns that would not be available otherwise....
    And then factor in higher Canadian taxes, higher lease/rent costs, utilities, higher shipping costs, gas prices, higher wages which makes cost of operating Canadian business much higher than US and hence markups.
    Last edited by hical.ca; 07-06-2015 at 01:25 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettzky View Post
    Sad to say but that looks simply awful. What's the point?
    people will not buy it or buy and live with protruded barrel. Very simple.
    Last edited by hical.ca; 07-06-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post

Exactly! I hope these are still available next month when I'm not super poor anymore. Just had to pay the tax man 24g's!
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

Awsome gun! thanks Hi Cal!

600 US is only 800 CDN if you are looking at an exchange rate of over 30%. I believe that the $225 cost for the barrel to make it CDN is not warranted given the configuration of the firearms after the mod. The MSRP (highest retail price) on the Storm Lake Barrel is $186USD. The exchange rate being applied here is about 17% to bring it up to $225. Why is the US to Canada exchange on the firearm (the $600 portion of this package) so much higher that the rate on the smaller portion (the barrel)?

Gander Mtn sells the G27 for $570USD. I am assuming any CDN supplier is buying the G27 at less than this price. This is not a comment on HiCal. We in Canada end up with paying lots for an imperfect mod product.
    Last edited by Mark18; 07-06-2015 at 08:04 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the explanation. The barrel I guess is the deciding factor on length after mods and pricing. Of course legalities also. Just seemed to go from 540 usd to probably 13-1400 cad really fast once it's all said and done and honestly I overlooked the barrel. I'll have to decide if the extra money to make it uglier-er is worth it. It's so little!

To those concerned about the length of the protruding barrel: Thankfully it won't interfere with concealed carry here in Canada.

To those concerned about the price vs US: Go buy one in the US and bring it over yourself, you'll save hundreds in both importation and cost of living, since all your meals in prison will be provided for.

Naturally these are for a specific market, just like any modified-to-be-legal compact guns in Canada. If it's not for you, move along... No need to point out the obvious in a dealer's thread, it's called (un)common courtesy.

Edit: And I think we would be sadly mistaken to find out that HiCal is not making millions on this particular offering, they're doing it for a specific market. They also have the G22/G17 for half the price on their website, if that's what you're in to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast