Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    I'm a rather confident and informed buyer. I'll only ask a question or two if specific things are omitted from the ad that I personally want to know/require knowing, or need to know in order to conduct a transaction.

In my ads for local buy and sell I usually state just that,
    "Confident and informed buyers only please! No tire kickers, no low balling. Thanks!"

Seems to limit the riff raff and the stuff ends up selling fairly for both parties.
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 07-06-2015 at 07:27 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

I buy and sell RC stuff on a couple of forms, in general first "I'l Take It "or "Dibbs" will hold the item until shipment/payment details are hashed out but do not start asking at that point for addition information or try to negotiate a lower price. I just stop replying in those cases and the item stays listed.
    As stated in a previous post ask for additional information/price negotiate first then say you will take it.
    In the one form some trades are done fully in the open with all correspondence done on the open form. It helps keep prices real.

CGN frequent flyer
    You snooze and you lose.

If you're serious about buying but want one tiny additional piece of information you can make a conditional offer: ‘If it comes with two mag.s I'll take it right now,’ ‘If the bolt is matching I will absolutely take it,’ ‘If you'll accept $800 total to ship it I'll take it, just send e-mail for EMT.’ Don't leave them wondering if you were just kicking tires. It also protects you from jumping before you have the necessary information. Then if you get a mis-matched bolt you can point to the agreement that it was supposed to match.

This is not a time to attach a ridiculous list of demands. If it's in 98% condition and the round count is under 500 and it's the Special Edition and you throw in a sling for free and you bought it on a Tuesday under a waxing moon… ‘I'll take it.’ THAT is a strong signal that you're a flake.

In the end, you never know if you were picked or passed over due to the strict order in which messages were received, or if you came across poorly in some way; only the seller can say which offer he read first.
    Last edited by red_bailey; 07-06-2015 at 08:00 PM.
    ---
    I am the Viper.

I've come to vipe your vindows.

These are the ones I have problems with....I'm not trying to flame the person or be a troll..

(buyer)I`m interested and want this item just let me know were to send monies

Then days later after I sent follow up PM to see about EMT...

(buyer)My apologies a deal I was making on a sale fell though so I don't have the funds right now, sorry for the inconvenience.
    If I get the funding later and you have not sold it yet I will let you know
    Once again my apologies....

Don't offer to buy something if you don't have the cash or don't have the intention of paying. Most stuff on the Equipment Exchange is sold by average guys that are not trying to hose people. I have worked with Gunnutz in the past that have said "I want it 100% can you hold it for me for 2-3 weeks until I get payed" I have no problems with this. We all have times when cash money is tight. I guess what I'm saying is communications after the initial "I'll take it" is important.
    “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Sheep spend their lives fearing the wolf- only to be slaughtered by the shepherd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    quinnjoblow:

I got left on the hook one time like you mention above, waiting days for a guy and then he backs out. Since then, I state emt within 24 hours or it's off to the next guy. I never have a problem sending an emt shortly for an item, so I won't wait around for days to receive one.

I also give a time deadline for potential buyers who are close to my price range and ask "will ya take $### for it?" Sure, I will accept that within 24 hours from now, with an official I'll take it. That way the guy can't wait for 3 days and try to claim you sold it from under him.
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I abandoned this rule long ago...too many flakers and the feedback system is terribly unbalanced.

Now, its the "first to pay for it" rule.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    I spent the better part of 20 minutes looking for this alleged rule and have not found such.
    This isnt the first time looking for this type of rule.
    This may have morphed into a rule by users , but doesnt appear in the rules and conditions of use section .
    But, common sense and good manners generally go a long way.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 07-15-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN frequent flyer
    Since this is in the Newbie section, N00bZ should know that complaining about the EE will get a thread locked. It's fine to discuss *how* the EE works, but talking about problems on the EE always devolves into who got ripped off most contests and one-sided borderline slander.

Of course ITI isn't a site rule, else it would be in the list of Equipment Exchange rules or stickies, and you wouldn't need to ask about it.
    ---
    I am the Viper.

I've come to vipe your vindows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Some sellers like to throw the phrase "I'll Take it rule applies" into their ad thinking it's a selling feature, like they're anticipating a flood of PM's of guys craving their item. It's the same ones that post a "sold in X minutes" if it sells quickly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I replied a couple weeks ago with an I'll take it, within about 6 minutes of him posting it, and never heard word from the seller.
    I find it pretty rude when you can't reply on something your trying to sell.