Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

For me..
    I'll take it means...

I have read your trader rating.
    Agree with the price.
    And only want to sort out the details.

Unless the guy on the other end throws me a curve ball, I'm in like Flinn.

When I get an I'll take it.
    Same thing...

I only expect to work out the details if they accept. Curve balls are always something that can upset the apple Cart.

I'll take it is a strong sentence...
    And shouldn't be tinkered with.
    Because it could lead to you or the other guy shutting down on others players in the game.

Only one guy pulled a next day negotiations after an I'll take it. He's on my ignore list and will stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    You should put that in your ad then - "First guy at the door with cash is the owner regardless of any agreement I have with other buyers"

I will keep that in mind if I see any of your ads. Thanks for the heads up.
    Sweet! Thanks

Akita Master
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by willisjake View Post
    As a seller it is your choice who you sell to. Some people like the first "I will take it rule" some people chose who to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    This... JP.
    Members should also be aware this doesn't mean running your ad like an auction.

Doing so is a huge no-no on here. And will get one the boot from the EE.

Just like a recent member found out the hard way.

--------------
    NAA.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I figured if you pick a deal over another one, it's for me being sure the transaction will be smooth, not necessairely the highest price, i have taken deal with a lower offer but smoother overall... In my adds i never run the i will take it... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    For me..
    I'll take it means...

I have read your trader rating.
    Agree with the price.
    And only want to sort out the details.

Unless the guy on the other end throws me a curve ball, I'm in like Flinn.

When I get an I'll take it.
    Same thing...

I only expect to work out the details if they accept. Curve balls are always something that can upset the apple Cart.

I'll take it is a strong sentence...
    And shouldn't be tinkered with.
    Because it could lead to you or the other guy shutting down on others players in the game.

Only one guy pulled a next day negotiations after an I'll take it. He's on my ignore list and will stay there.
    Last month I had someone reply to my ad with "I'll take it".....We agree on price,shipping etc. Fine .he sends me EMT and everything is good so I start transfer and send him the RCMP reference number to which he calls in. A couple days later he tells me that RCMP have denied the transfer and that he wants his money back...I ask why was it denied and he gives me some lame excuse. So I call RCMP and they tell me HE called in asking for the transfer to be stopped....I sent him his money back via EMT but I was pissed....also on the IGNORE LIST now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I figured if you pick a deal over another one, it's for me being sure the transaction will be smooth, not necessairely the highest price, i have taken deal with a lower offer but smoother overall... In my adds i never run the i will take it... JP.
    Obviously if a guy with any negatives says he'll take it, I would think long and hard before dealing with. I'm sure enough guys have examined some trader ratings, and thought " I won't deal with a guy like this".
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf19534 View Post
    Last month I had someone reply to my ad with "I'll take it".....We agree on price,shipping etc. Fine .he sends me EMT and everything is good so I start transfer and send him the RCMP reference number to which he calls in. A couple days later he tells me that RCMP have denied the transfer and that he wants his money back...I ask why was it denied and he gives me some lame excuse. So I call RCMP and they tell me HE called in asking for the transfer to be stopped....I sent him his money back via EMT but I was pissed....also on the IGNORE LIST now
    There's a real winner.
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    I agree with Saskgunowner101 and Caramel, in that I don't post "1st I will take it gets it" in my ads, and yes, you have the freedom to look over trader ratings and decide which buyer is the one you want to deal with. There can be other circumstances as well, such as (but not limited to) the person wont use the method of payment you request, they want time to arrange a payment, they want it shipped to someone else, the don't have or don't want to show a PAL, their trader rating shows them to be a difficult person, etc

And there was a previous thread/discussion about "First EMY in 24 hrs gets it" which is not allowed any more either

This is a good discussion, and as you can see there are those who will honour your offer of "I will take it" and there are those who wont.

So buyer beware.

I expect that if I say " I will take it" and "where do you want the money [EMT] sent, assuming I am the first person to say that, I will be the new owner.
    I am sure others would expect the same.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willisjake View Post
    As a seller it is your choice who you sell to. Some people like the first "I will take it rule" some people chose who to deal with.
    Exactly. Once person is in the same province vs the other side of the country. If I have included shipping and insurance. I will be selling to buyer in the same province.
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    Yes I agree. Someone coming to the door or a meeting in town is usually better than boxing up a rifle and shipping it 3000 miles away.