Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    Agreed. I always leave mine up until the item is recieved and I get positive feedback. That way if there is a dispute or an issue, the add is still there for the mods to see that the item was as described and there were quality pics of the condition it was in. Never had an issue and hope never to have one, but for the time it takes, I feel it is worth it.

On a side note, I see both Jay and Stormchaser in here an niether of of you have your mod title anymore. Whats up with that?? Stirring up to much NFA sh*t?
    This is what I do. But, I put "Sold" on my ad. Not everyone returns a Feedback Rating. But, I always leave one.

I'd like an opinion on a selling scenario. Suppose I'm selling an item. More than one person responds with I'll take it. I respond to the first I'll take it with It's yours and provide an email address for the EMT. What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response before offering it to someone else?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spherian View Post
    I'd like an opinion on a selling scenario. Suppose I'm selling an item. More than one person responds with I'll take it. I respond to the first I'll take it with It's yours and provide an email address for the EMT. What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response before offering it to someone else?
    If you get multiple responses quickly, I would add to the first response " Please get back to me within X hrs as there are others interested in my product. If I don't hear from you in X hrs, I will assume you are not interested and will communicate with the next in line. Thank you".
    I will also PM the rest in the queue to let them know there is a sale pending but if it falls through, they are the next in line to buy and repeat with the same comment for the first poster.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Normally 24 hours. If he doesn't send EMT within 24 hours or otherwise specifies. That's normally the time people give for EMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    If you get multiple responses quickly, I would add to the first response " Please get back to me within X hrs as there are others interested in my product. If I don't hear from you in X hrs, I will assume you are not interested and will communicate with the next in line. Thank you".
    I will also PM the rest in the queue to let them know there is a sale pending but if it falls through, they are the next in line to buy and repeat with the same comment for the first poster.
    In my case, the second offer came a few hours after I had responded. Even if I had known about the second offer when I responded to the first, I wouldn't have thought it necessary to specify a time period. I thought any buyer would send payment or at least respond within a day if they were really interested. I certainly would. I'd be checking my messages every few hours if I actually wanted the item and respond immediately once I had received a response.

In my case, the second offer came a few hours after I had responded. Even if I had known about the second offer when I responded to the first, I wouldn't have thought it necessary to specify a time period. I thought any buyer would send payment or at least respond within a day if they were really interested. I certainly would. I'd be checking my messages every few hours if I actually wanted the item and respond immediately once I had received a response.
    You are thinking like a normal considerate person. I would do the same and most of my EE transactions have been seamless. I even had a guy go quiet and the money showed up in an envelope!
    Some people are not quite on the same wavelength or they may have a personal emergency. Who know?
    You can do two things.
    1. PM him again and ask for a specific answer and give him a deadline. Be sure he knows the product will not wait for him past whatever time you set. Snooze, you lose!
    2. Check the guy's profile page. It will show when he was last online on the forum. If he has been here and has not responded, he is probably a tire kicker. PM him that you didn't hear from him so you're moving on.
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I have always stood by my "I'll take it" even when I had to many drinks and then checked out EE. Nothing worse than waking up Sunday morning and realizing you dumped $1000.00 on EE the night before.LOL
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I have always stood by my "I'll take it" even when I had to many drinks and then checked out EE. Nothing worse than waking up Sunday morning and realizing you dumped $1000.00 on EE the night before.LOL
    My buddy did exactly that!! He thought he was dreaming but woke up to find he did order a complete NEA upper and lower!!
    CCFR CPC

In my case, I made an arrangement with another member after 24 hours. I finally received a message from the first guy about 28 hours after my initial reply. He seemed ticked that I had sold to someone else but cooled down after I explained myself. From now on, I'll be listing items with an "If I do not receive a response within 24 hours, the item goes to the next in line" disclaimer.

I had a buyer say " I'll take it ". I gave him my email address to send payment. Had no reply to my many pm's even though I can see him viewing online in the EE many times a day. Finally the guy reply back and told me to chill out because he was too busy to reply. Told me he would not deal with me anymore after I said I would give him a negative rating.We don't need guys like him on this site. Pm me if you want to know his user name.