Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
    Haha I had a similar thing. This dude said he would come pickup stuff tomorrow. Well someone came that same night to get it and the next day it was gone. Dude was pissy and probably cried.
    IMO You had a deal with guy #1, IF he said "I will take It" and "I will be there tomorrow with cash to pick it up"
    If you agreed to that and then sold it to guy # 2 because he came to pick it up earlier, then IMO you broke your agreement and if you did that to me I would be pissy too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackWatch's Avatar
    I've had 4 or 5 guys this year send me an offer like "if you will take $700 I'll take it". I say yes, provide my email for the emt and request their info to start the transfer. A day later they pm back saying their car just broke down or their wife didn't approve the purchase. I've read the EE feedback rules and you can't sting them with a negative review.
    Imo if you offer an amount and say you will take it the deal is done.
    Last edited by BlackWatch; 07-19-2015 at 08:20 AM.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    IMO You had a deal with guy #1, IF he said "I will take It" and "I will be there tomorrow with cash to pick it up"
    If you agreed to that and then sold it to guy # 2 because he came to pick it up earlier, then IMO you broke your agreement and if you did that to me I would be pissy too
    Thats the way I see it too, if you make a deal with someone you should stick to it, if the first fella doesn't show then call the other guy and tell him its available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Exactly. I am willing to go out of my way to let the person who said I'll take it first have it even if there are others who want it. That was a agreement, he broke it to sell it quicker, you can guarantee I would be angry at the person who broke the agreement.

One time I had a deal with someone to do a trade. Someone else offered to pay cash for it. I asked the person who I was trading with, if they would be ok with me taking the cash instead of the trade (nothing had been shipped at this point). They did say yes I could, but if they hadn't said yes I would have completed the trade even though I would have preferred the cash, why because that is what you agreed to and is your word of honour at that point.

CGN Regular
    "I'll take it" didn't work for me a short while ago. Answered an ad with an offer of asking price to INCLUDE shipping. Seller came back with "OK - but split the difference".
    I came back with "I'll take it".

Didn't know that he left the ad up at the time. I immediately sent an EMT - he came back (a day later) with "I can't cash the EMT". I then checked the EMT and re-entered the password as that was, apparently, the problem.

Nope. He came back and advised as that I had not been able to complete payment he had accepted another offer.

On a gun that was sold...how the hell did he get another offer?

I did find out what the price of the seller's character was worth though. Turns out right around 20 bucks...and the pleasure of getting on my 'ignore' list.
    Confirmation bias is a failing that everyone has. That's why developing a personal Baloney Detection Kit and using it ruthlessly is an important thing to do. "Ol' Smokey"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rennugliat View Post
    "I'll take it" didn't work for me a short while ago. Answered an ad with an offer of asking price to INCLUDE shipping. Seller came back with "OK - but split the difference".
    I came back with "I'll take it".

Didn't know that he left the ad up at the time. I immediately sent an EMT - he came back (a day later) with "I can't cash the EMT". I then checked the EMT and re-entered the password as that was, apparently, the problem.

Nope. He came back and advised as that I had not been able to complete payment he had accepted another offer.

On a gun that was sold...how the hell did he get another offer?

I did find out what the price of the seller's character was worth though. Turns out right around 20 bucks...and the pleasure of getting on my 'ignore' list.
    You can't really bag on someone for leaving their ad up, many do this marking it deal pending or spf.
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

I leave my adds up with SPF until the item is paid for. I have had some guys send me a message of "I'll take it" and then never to be heard from again. I had one guy get all pissy with me because he left me a message of "I'll take it" ( and that was all the message said in it) then after 3 days of not hearing back from him I sold the item to someone else. Another 4 days go buy then the first guy messages me and got all pissy when I told him I sold it to someone else. Like really, do some people on here really think that if they just say "I'll take it " that the seller should just hold on to the item till the guy decideds maybe I'll pay for that item now.

I have bought and sold so many car parts, truck parts, firearms/parts, all sorts of stuff, that I sell it to whoever comes to get it first.

I don't care if they say I'll take it, I'll be there in 5 minutes, 5 hours, tomorrow, next week. I don't wait for people anymore. After committing to someone and they don't show, or don't pay. Had that happen dozens of times.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by r204 View Post
    I leave my adds up with SPF until the item is paid for. I have had some guys send me a message of "I'll take it" and then never to be heard from again. I had one guy get all pissy with me because he left me a message of "I'll take it" ( and that was all the message said in it) then after 3 days of not hearing back from him I sold the item to someone else. Another 4 days go buy then the first guy messages me and got all pissy when I told him I sold it to someone else. Like really, do some people on here really think that if they just say "I'll take it " that the seller should just hold on to the item till the guy decideds maybe I'll pay for that item now.
    I generally leave my ads up until the buyer has received the item and we've exchanged trader ratings. It avoids any potential ".....but your ad said......." .

The tire kickers and dreamers seem to be on the increase lately. Must be kids on summer break.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier46 View Post
    I have bought and sold so many car parts, truck parts, firearms/parts, all sorts of stuff, that I sell it to whoever comes to get it first.

I don't care if they say I'll take it, I'll be there in 5 minutes, 5 hours, tomorrow, next week. I don't wait for people anymore. After committing to someone and they don't show, or don't pay. Had that happen dozens of times.
    You should put that in your ad then - "First guy at the door with cash is the owner regardless of any agreement I have with other buyers"

I will keep that in mind if I see any of your ads. Thanks for the heads up.