Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Unfortunately the "ill take it" goes two ways. I pmed a guy i had bought off in a FTF trade before, got pics and more info. Pmed right back with a "ill take it". Got radio silence for a couple of days with him checking the site, then finally he changed it to SPF and replied. Simply got added to my ignore list, not really a negative feedback since technically there was no transaction.

One of the only at all negative experiences i have had on the EE. One other guy did not lie, simply withheld the truth. Something i cant understand or would not do. It was a sub $100 trade....a head scratcher.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    My last EE transaction...I had 3 "I'll take it". 2 of them flaked out and stopped responding...the 3rd was a stand up guy and got the rifle (well, we're still waiting on the transfer). The Feedback Score is unbalanced the way seller's can't submit negatives. Don't say "I'll take it" then disappear. Man, that is just plain rude. But, it's not my forum and not my rules...
    μολὼν λαβέ

Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Unfortunately there is a high tolerance on the Forum for time wasters and those committing to buy and bail out or don't reply.
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cz52 View Post
    Unfortunately there is a high tolerance on the Forum for time wasters and those committing to buy and bail out or don't reply.
    Define "high tolerance" two weeks and your deal still not done?
    Some would have moved on by day three others would have let it go a week and offered up to the next guy.
    It is what it is a free service to those who joined this forum of like minded people.
    You get what's you payze for.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

All of my transactions on EE have been super except for the last one. Wanted me to send a pic of gun with my PAL clearly visible, (um.... no), wants a bill of sale presumably before EMT (um.....no)........
    Last edited by aragorn1; 11-28-2015 at 04:44 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    I buy more than I sell as a buyer it means my word. I have checked and confirmed that I have funds to buy the item by one of the payment methods specified and I will buy the item. If I back out I deserve bad feedback because I broken my word.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

I'm yet to have a bad experience. Every I'll take it has paid immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    I abandoned this rule long ago...too many flakers and the feedback system is terribly unbalanced.

Now, its the "first to pay for it" rule.
    x2, first one to agree to send payment gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1 View Post
    All of my transactions on EE have been super except for the last one. Had a newbie who "claims to be someone of importance", wanted me to send a pic of gun with my PAL clearly visible, (um.... no), then we are using email to avoid the bother of GunNutz messaging, wants the gun, we exchange physical addresses to make him feel more comfortable, wants a bill of sale presumably before EMT (um.....no), then he asks about my employment...... all this is making me kinda nervous. Says he wants the gun and will do an EMT...... nothing for 2 days. I see he has checked into GunNutz but still silence. Kinda makes me think that he's not who he claims to be and is digging for personal info....... a hacker of sorts.
    Scammer not a hacker. They will try to use YOUR info/pal picture to purchase a firearm. Or to sell one that they do not own as you.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

BANNED
    "I'll take it" means jack to me first with the cash rules,