Thread: Mossberg 590A1 14" MOD shotgun Pics?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar

Mossberg 590A1 14" MOD shotgun Pics?

I see that in the details it's mentioned that the finish isn't as good as a regular 590A1, can you post some pics of what the actual shotguns look like? Did you receive any Mod 14" barrels for purchase (for those of us who already have the CYL version of this shotgun? Thanks.

14" Barrel with Bead sight
    Manufacturer: Mossberg Mossberg Stock No. 51682 Model #: Model 590A1 Chokes: Modified Bore Caliber: 12 Gauge Barrel: 14" Stock: Synthetic Finish: Parkerized Capacity: 2 3/4" 5+1 Action: Pump Action

Please note, these shotguns do not have as good of a finish as other 590A1 Shotguns. The parkarized Barrels will wear on the first movement of the slide, and the reciever color may not match the barrel.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    The 14" barrels are not allowed for export anymore from the USA so these will be the last of the 14 in Mossbergs. If there are any left tomorrow we will post as picture to the website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Sounds like they are in same condition as the earlier ones sold? (Light handling marks on receiver and barrel)
    Unlike buying a new 18.5" or 20" 590A1 where those are generally in new, unblemished condition.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Sounds like they are in same condition as the earlier ones sold? (Light handling marks on receiver and barrel)
    Unlike buying a new 18.5" or 20" 590A1 where those are generally in new, unblemished condition.
    Those never had a disclaimer such as these... I'm under the assumption that their cosmetics are worse than those. When I bought mine last year, it wasn't that pretty but after an oiling, 95% of the blemishes were no longer visible.

Just want to see a pic of them. At the end of the day these are just workhorse shotguns, but if the parkerizing flakes off immediately, that could be a serious rusting issue for someone who lives in a humid area, like me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    No disclaimer before, but now that precedent has been set with the condition of the previous ones, this retailer may be just offering full disclosure.

The parkerization on the barrel is the only issue. Receiver is better.
    I plan on having mine Armacoated or cerakoted anyways. The barrel is so small and easy to include on an existing refinishing order.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Must be sold out, don't see them on the site anymore.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    They sold out a few days ago.