Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection.

CGN Regular

Hearing protection.

I'm quite new to shooting, but I'm currently looking to get myself a decent headset for under 50$. I have no idea on what to buy.

Also, do you know if any brands make them in pink? (For my mom).

Thanks, Matt

I started with cheaper ones and kept creeping up till I got Impact electronics. I shoot with people and ipsc so it helps a lot. On the way I picked up peltors and browning and a couple of others I don't remember. They are there now for guest. If you are going to shoot with others and indoors spend the money on electronic would be my advice even if it means waiting a pay check or grab cheap set now and save up.

Browning carries women's pink ears. I have seen them at Le Barons.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Amazon has some of the best prices out there, I also now use the Impact sport, they work pretty good overall.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Amazon has some of the best prices out there, I also now use the Impact sport, they work pretty good overall.

Something like these? http://www.amazon.ca/Howard-Leight-R.../dp/B001T7QJ9O

BANNED
    Best deal there is IMHO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Those are the ones.

I have those too, shot 5.56 and 9mm no problem, and I can hear people talking without any problem too.

What's the deal with those having a 3.5mm jack? Seems like it might be unsafe while at a range or in the field if you have your music going..

CGN frequent flyer
    I think it depends on the environment you will do the shooting the most. if outdoor, the electronic ones others already said are good, with the advantage over the old fashion muff that you can hear people talking no problem. the non-electronic ones cannot do that.
    however, if it's indoor, I would still recommend the old fashion non-electronic ones simply because it has higher NRR ratings. the electronic ones I have seen goes up to as much as NRR 33, while the non-electronic one I have is rated at NRR 37(Browning). also non-electronic ones are cheaper than electronic ones(given they are in the same NRR range and quality).

Then a common practice for people who regularly go shooting is to use ear plugs in addition to ear muff which gives you roughly extra NRR 5 protection. better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattkov View Post
    I'm quite new to shooting, but I'm currently looking to get myself a decent headset for under 50$. I have no idea on what to buy.

Also, do you know if a

ny brands make them in pink? (For my mom).

Thanks, Matt
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Regular
    Impacts on Amazon
    and as a first time applying for the visa card, get the discount and then cancel the card after a month etc,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast