Thread: 90 days!?!?

90 days!?!?

so my friend called the cfo today after his 28 day waiting period and the lady he talked too said to wait 90 days after his waiting period before getting his references to call in? is that normal

CGN Regular
    I believe they don't call your references anymore. They send a letter to the person that is a reference and ask them to call in. I'm pretty sure they meant the refernces have 90 days to call in?
    After i signed off as a reference, i got the letter about a month later.
    Each province is slightly different.

BANNED
    Think sentences.
    A great deal depends on where you are(Ontario?), but in all cases, civil servants at the CPFO's will make up their own rules. This is one of the things C-42 is supposed to fix. 90 days sounds more like a back log of applications though.

B.c.

Man, they're going to say whatever.. I called in one day and they told me to wait 3 weeks for reference... this was nearly two months... i called two days later... boom reference stage... Don't worry about it. It'll all work out in the end.

CGN frequent flyer
    i think you would get more accurate info about this if your friend called the CFC/RCMP rather than the CFO.
    i know when i was in the same position the cfo told me to contact the cfc for info regarding my application.

Last edited by 4n2t0; 12-22-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Dont call on monday morning or friday afternoons for one tuesday was always my call day, , they transfered me to the bc cfo, they were to busy so i got one from NB, she is the one that told me never to bother calling monday morning or friday afternoon( in humour on the phone but i got her drift)
    patients is key with them, and always be super friendly on the phone with them, being snarky or pulling attitude will get your application pushed to the bottom again

I sent my renewal in June 14th and was concerned because I didn't receive a renewal notice. My birthday is in early Aug. and I own restricted and non restricted. My new PAL arrived last week on the 10th, thank you CFO Ont.
    Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you
    Jesus Christ and the Canadian Soldier

I got my license issued 29 days after the application was received in Miramichi. On the 15th day I called to see where the application was as I did not find it online. Was told that they don't have it on file yet and to check back in 2-3 weeks. LOL.

Checked 20 minutes after the call and it was online. So much for waiting 2-3 weeks.

It seams that they don't call the references until the mandatory waiting period (28 days) is over. I called exactly on that day and was told to have my reference call in. Later that day, my licence showed as issued.

Calling in at the right time seems to bump your application to the next stage. Simply waiting, your application will be processed in due course (slow boat).

Be proactive about checking with the CFC/CFO. They don't seem to bite.