Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How long before sks disappear from market?

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Wow so many haters. Did I ask someone to buy SKS from me. I asked a question because I am concern. Supply and quality is in a big dark hole right now. Prices of Sks went up if you don't see it then you are crazy. Go to Wanstalls, HiCaliber, Reliable, Frontier, Tradex Lever Arms, Cabelas, Wholesale and check it out. If you hate westrifle so much than buy from those dealers this topic was not started to sell more sks.I brought 2000 sks 3 weeks ago and I have 200 left in stock do you think I need to advertise? We find out info that Canada ammo is trying to buy Chinese SKS great news I am happy for them. Good luck to Chris and his new Venture.
    Lever's prices are $199 and so are Canadian Tire, same as 3 years ago. I haven't seen prices go up at all.
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

Oh also if you want to spend $2550 you can buy 15 SKSs from Lever Arms that's $170 each... And at times Lever still puts them on sale for $169 each

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Oh also if you want to spend $2550 you can buy 15 SKSs from Lever Arms that's $170 each... And at times Lever still puts them on sale for $169 each
    I can get a crate for $150 a copy! Our CTC has the birch for $169.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    I can get a crate for $150 a copy! Our CTC has the birch for $169.
    There you go great prices !

The sky isn't falling... but some would like you to think so because its good for business

If there is demand then someone will produce them. We will run out of surplus sks rifles one day since we can't go back in time and make more...yet. If people keep buying them then someone will see the market for them and make more.

Prices seem to be the same but quality has gone down IMHO

One of the main topics that comes back every 4-8 months since I have been following the Canadian firearms world is the price and availability of the SKS. Ppl have been saying the supply is going to dry up now for 5 years, and prices will go to $500 overnight...

Not happening... supply still has years, if not a decade, left in it. Then prices will slowly go up. Probably never topping out at anything over $400. Why? Everyone with a PAL has one, or fifteen. They are great rifles, no doubt, but ppl wont pay $500 for one.

Could be wrong. Something odd could happen. ie. it gets banned, or china collapses, import bans ect ect... if everything stays the course I dont see the price going over $300 for a decade.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    One of the main topics that comes back every 4-8 months since I have been following the Canadian firearms world is the price and availability of the SKS. Ppl have been saying the supply is going to dry up now for 5 years, and prices will go to $500 overnight...

Not happening... supply still has years, if not a decade, left in it. Then prices will slowly go up. Probably never topping out at anything over $400. Why? Everyone with a PAL has one, or fifteen. They are great rifles, no doubt, but ppl wont pay $500 for one.

Could be wrong. Something odd could happen. ie. it gets banned, or china collapses, import bans ect ect... if everything stays the course I dont see the price going over $300 for a decade.

People will be finding crates of them in warehouses, bunkers, and caves for the next 50 years... or longer. The Russians hung onto the Mosins for darn near a century before letting any volume go. As long as a country can still bring them in, someone will be finding and supplying them. 500 bucks?? I don't see that happening for a long time either.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

I have 2 left, after getting rid of the collection as they were taking up space and not getting used. Only kept my 53 Tula laminate , and my 49 Tula with all early features, and the only indication of refurb is a very lightly struck refurb < > mark. Sometime I think F@CK it, I should sell it and other times I couldn't bring myself to do it and curse myself for ever thinking it. that said the 49, I wouldn't even sell for $500 so value is truly in the eye of the owner/beholder

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    500 bucks?? I don't see that happening for a long time either.
    The way I look at it, if I had to pay $400 I would pay a few extra bucks and get something better. The sks is still the best $200 you can pay for a rifle. I love mine. Not a fan of when ppl mod them out haha