Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJbrass View Post
    This is pretty accurate.

Also the response from the staff to this situation point to a very strict No refund policy pushed down from management, especially with the " come in and we will give you a deal in store instead" response. Seems the staff were trying to do what they could with their hands tied and not realizing sometimes a refund is justified and outside the norm.
    Of course a refund is sometimes justified. If the staff member took the time to actually engage ANY level of management instead of being so closed minded, this matter would not have ended up here.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post

I know working in a gun shop is probably a dream job but it is just that, a job, work, not a social gathering. Put the customer first and socialize when things are slow. If upper managment came down for a week and showed them a few things im sure target would change. It is a great store, great selection, its rare i walk in and dont walk out with something new, and it seems the store gets a little nicer every time im in there

The staff just needs a little polishing
    I made a significant change in the entire management team about a couple months ago and it is already showing huge signs of improvement. Sometimes people just fall back into old habits and need a little nudge to get them back on track.

Also, removing the computers for internet surfing seems to have helped as well. ;-)

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

only one person at this place is qualified to teach the coarse? you'd figure someone else would get called in to teach instead of inconveniencing a whole class and rescheduling it. Glad this thread was brought to the "circus act"

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    but do wish he brought it to my attention first so I could have had the opportunity to sort it before it became a CGN circus act.

JR
    Just highlighting that point right there.

How would the OP had known to seek you out personally? On the TSC Website only two phone numbers are listed and one is a Fax line. There is a Java e-mailing plug-in but this does not provide an e-mail address to customer support itself; only a place for you to type in your own e-mail for the response. And there is the mailing address for snail mail as well.

I would also have to assume that the OP lives some what nearby to seek this course there; which means taking a stroll down to Calgary is a bit of a push for "reasonable." And by your own admission you've only received "admin permissions" to this thread very recently.

Basically there is not a lot of information anywhere but your response to this thread that you were even reachable for this concern. So it becomes very concerning on this side of the coin ((the consumer)) as it suggests that we are to blame for not knowing information that is not made very public. Though I could be mistaken here and possibly there is a large font print sign in the TSC pro-shop with your name and contact info on it. But again I've never seen that. I do see TSC listed on your signature when you post; and that's good because it gives authority to your posts here, but does nothing to tell individuals before a thread is created that you are in fact approachable for TSC. And it also does nothing for those that do not use CGN; which there are many firearm owners that refuse too for their own reasons.

I can understand that had he spoke to you earlier this could had been cleared up, but there's just not any obvious signs that this route was even available at this time. Perhaps this is something to be looked into further going forward.

I would just like to add 2 cents aside from the above mess; get rid of those Java email plug ins. Generally web programmers go to these to reduce the amount of spam to be dealt with and to prevent people from knowing the direct email to prevent Email "bombing". But once you reply to a message individuals have this address anyway; or they could just make a macro and use the website against itself to cause both your site to crash and your email server to lock up accounts. Many sites now have so much protection against this anyhow with limitations in how fast the page can be refreshed or accessed regardless.

By putting the email address itself, customers with questions, concerns, or complaints will know that their email has gone through as well. If I send the email but the address was incorrect because I type it incorrectly, I will receive a notifier saying that the address is useless and message not delivered. Also the chances of getting the address incorrect are lower with this method, because one can simply copy and paste. However if I make a mistake typing my own address into that java plug in; then you respond to an incorrect email address and get a notifier saying that the address is useless. Unless I've left a phone number in that email you now don't have any point of contact to reply to that message and the result is a customer who thinks he's being ignored.

Not a fan of those Java emailers; personally when I see them I find a phone number and ignore email as even an option at that point. But that's just 2 cents completely off the shelf of the current issue ((but a possibility as to why maybe you never received an email as well))).

Who's the head clown in this "circus act"?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
    I had a problem with my x5 which was recently out of warranty but I did not have to call Harald Kroger to get it resolved. The guys at the service counter made the calls, talked to the manager in store and paid for the repairs......the culture starts with you!
    I would actually like to back up this statement.

For whatever reason, too many business owners feel that it is the Customer that must escalate and hound down the Manager and Owner (and then God Almighty if all else fails). I've seen too many examples in the CGN where the conflict spills outside and then Mr. Manager or Mr. Owner "fly to the rescue", almost always beginning their apology (if even offering one) with the words "Had you come to me first, I'd get it resolved in no time...".

In all honesty it should be your employees doing it for the Customer. In a healthy business environment, whoever receives the complaint/claim should take it up the foodchain in his organization and see if it can be resolved internally, before it goes public and blows up in everyone's face.
    The proper response in this case starts with: "I apologize for the inconvenience. I am not certain I have sufficient authority to resolve this situation to your full satisfaction, but let me talk to my Manager to see if anything could be done."
    This is the type of culture and business environment that should be maintained in a healthy customer-oriented business and you'll see better results in no time.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    I would actually like to back up this statement.

For whatever reason, too many business owners feel that it is the Customer that must escalate and hound down the Manager and Owner (and then God Almighty if all else fails). I've seen too many examples in the CGN where the conflict spills outside and then Mr. Manager or Mr. Owner "fly to the rescue", almost always beginning their apology (if even offering one) with the words "Had you come to me first, I'd get it resolved in no time...".

In all honesty it should be your employees doing it for the Customer. In a healthy business environment, whoever receives the complaint/claim should take it up the foodchain in his organization and see if it can be resolved internally, before it goes public and blows up in everyone's face.
    The proper response in this case starts with: "I apologize for the inconvenience. I am not certain I have sufficient authority to resolve this situation to your full satisfaction, but let me talk to my Manager to see if anything could be done."
    This is the type of culture and business environment that should be maintained in a healthy customer-oriented business and you'll see better results in no time.

Just my two cents.
    This x 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    Who's the head clown in this "circus act"?
    Me
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Hahahhaa. You kill me J.R. People really do take this kind of access for granted. Keep on, keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    This x 1000.
    I agree with you. We failed completely.

Because the OP made reference to me in the first post, I did make the assumption that he would know how to contact me. My bad.

I think the place is getting better by the day and hope this was a blip. Only time will tell.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO