Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Last time I needed warranty service I didn't have to contact Shusuke Koreeda, the President of Mazda Canada. The service-counter employee was completely able to handle it satisfactorily and no complaint was necessary.

You continue to assert that it is a "blip" or a "one off" but I've got a dozen or so bad experiences in my last year of membership alone. Until you face the fact that there is a real problem at your operation with your staff and management nothing is going to change and the customers will be the ones who suffer.
    Putting up banana memes and scoffing off peoples concerns doesn't make you cool or witty, it simply shows you don't give a damn about people who post here with concerns about your operation.

If you want to justify charging triple what most other gun ranges in Ontario are charging for membership you better back that up by providing triple the customer service. At current your customer service is sub-par at best. At $600/year you shouldn't get any complaints from members.

So continue to make a joke of people's negative opinions instead of trying to change the place. I'm sure you'll continue to see these threads started and more people posting up with poor experiences. You can continue to say they should have called you personally (the owner who lives in Alberta which isn't even in our timezone) but that simply isn't the way customer service should ever be done, especially over $90 which your company made a mistake on anyways. But hey it's more chances for you to say it's the customers fault for not calling you and then you can post more dancing bananas.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    Last time I needed warranty service I didn't have to contact Shusuke Koreeda, the President of Mazda Canada. The service-counter employee was completely able to handle it satisfactorily and no complaint was necessary.

You continue to assert that it is a "blip" or a "one off" but I've got a dozen or so bad experiences in my last year of membership alone. Until you face the fact that there is a real problem at your operation with your staff and management nothing is going to change and the customers will be the ones who suffer.
    Putting up banana memes and scoffing off peoples concerns doesn't make you cool or witty, it simply shows you don't give a damn about people who post here with concerns about your operation.

If you want to justify charging triple what most other gun ranges in Ontario are charging for membership you better back that up by providing triple the customer service. At current your customer service is sub-par at best. At $600/year you shouldn't get any complaints from members.

So continue to make a joke of people's negative opinions instead of trying to change the place. I'm sure you'll continue to see these threads started and more people posting up with poor experiences. But hey I guess it's more chances for you to say they should have called you personally and then you can post more dancing bananas.
    The difference with your analogy and reality is that in reality Target is a small company run by a small group of dedicated people. Just because I own it, doesn't make it this big box store. I'm no multi-millionaire. I'm a guy who got out of the army with a good idea and made it work.

It's easy to spin doctor when you have a team of PR people and big budgets, but firearms retail/ranges run on really tight margins. Not the same. Good luck trying to actually contact Shusuke Koreeda for any real issue and get more than; I'll have someone look into it". Also, I may not find the owner of Mazda, but I have had to speak with a service "manager" as few times to get a matter sorted.

But personally, I am exhausted: I don't know what I can do to make you happy, or can anything? Seriously...

In the past two months alone, I let go the old GM, hired a new one and eased a few more bad apples out the door,at a serious cost (but worth it).

Promoted two new people to retail management,

Invested almost $600k in the ranges to clean up the place. (Work is till ongoing...)

Instituted a whole bunch of mandatory customer service and safety training that everyone is currently working through.

Launched a new website with a webstore.

Launched a new club that we control and hired an admim support lady to help it out.

Yes, there was a serious problem that was systemic. I assessed it, I admitted it, I owned it and I addressed it, but for some people, it seems it is never enough. I understand that and acknowledge that it is too late for any reconciliation with you. However, you've made your point, so please, it's time to move on.

So, yes, I'll keep posting my dancing bananas and keep things light as it is easier to put up with haters while working on actually resolving issues. Which is what we are trying to do here. If I didn't care, I would have simply deleted this thread and went back to kicking puppies, or whatever you think I do with my time.

My 2 cents.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN frequent flyer
    Classy way of dealing with this jr, keeping this thread up has shown your integrity. Sounds like that employee has learned a lesson, my past experiences with tse has been very positive including your staff.

real classy, first blame staff,then imply op of harassment . I really feel bad for op

Keep up the great work JR!!! I love the staff and loving what you guys are doing with place. I ll keep bringing my business there and ignore the bashing that is done on here.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I agree 100% that the client did nothing wrong, but do wish he brought it to my attention first so I could have had the opportunity to sort it before it became a CGN circus act.

What were you expecting? I acknowledged the wrongdoing and made it right with the client immediately after it came to my attention.

JR
    Is it safe to assume that you will be posting your name and contact number on the resiepts from now on and getting your staff to pass this info along to all customers, being that you seem to think this how this should be dealt with and everyone should know? Hope you have lots of free time to take calls and emails, as it seems like you'll be swamped if this is the new port all for issues.

There is much beauty in simplicity...

Sorry for the unforeseeable cancellation & confusion about the refund policy. We will rectify the situation and please feel free to contact me directly in the future if you have any further issues.

This blames no one yet takes responsibility for the mishap and lets the customer know to contact you next time.

this is what would have ended the circus act
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by voncosbies View Post
    Is it safe to assume that you will be posting your name and contact number on the resiepts from now on and getting your staff to pass this info along to all customers, being that you seem to think this how this should be dealt with and everyone should know? Hope you have lots of free time to take calls and emails, as it seems like you'll be swamped if this is the new port all for issues.
    There is a phone number on the top of the receipt. A call to ANY manager should yield some form of satisfaction, regardless of the problem. The customer may not always be right, but usually there is some middle ground to be found.

My name and email is on the bottom of the left hand column on most pages of the new Target website as well. My staff alrady know that if someone asks for my contact info, they are free to give it as well. I am not an anonymous or absentee owner.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    There is much beauty in simplicity...

Sorry for the unforeseeable cancellation & confusion about the refund policy. We will rectify the situation and please feel free to contact me directly in the future if you have any further issues.

This blames no one yet takes responsibility for the mishap and lets the customer know to contact you next time.

this is what would have ended the circus act
    I understand your position, but I never get off the hook so simply around here.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I understand your position, but I never get off the hook so simply around here.

JR
    Another cost of doing/being in business... I know both sides of the coin. I spent many years in retail and in business myself. Those who have know that the benefits of being in business have many hidden costs that sometimes include taking it on the chin.

I personally love the banana and the fact that you haven't shut this down yourself yet
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]