Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom shooter View Post
    I have to agree, I had a transaction here a few months ago that left a bad taste in my mouth. I decided rather than make a big issue out of it I'd just shop elsewhere.
    Same here but I was stupid enough to give them a second chance and more of my hard earned money. Never again.

Let me get this straight, posting this thread wasn't the right way to deal with this matter, even though it resulted in this matter being resolved when all other "reasonable" attempts were made?
    And no, expecting a customer to research who owns a company and finding their contact info isn't "reasonable".
    I think this customer should be comended for pointing out what apears to be a huge problem (based on what other ex customers are saying on here).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    This is all too typical of my own experiences and threads on here where Target employee making up "policies" to keep money and not treat customers properly. Do you not see a trend here? The staff are simply not customer service oriented if it takes the owner of the entire company coming on here to finally get a reasonable solution to a very minor issue that should have been dealt with immediately by the staff in the store.

As a paying customer/member someone shouldn't need to contact the OWNER of a business to get treated properly. When I need a refund from Sport Chek I don't have to call head office and talk to the owner. The staff are customer service oriented and handle customer concerns immediately and with a positive resolution. Further every time an issue like this is brought up TSC says it's atypical and that the staff will be told and they shouldn't be doing that and yet.....these issues still prevail with the staff there.

Like I said...the old guard at Target were great. The newer people have no sense of customer service.

It's really too bad. One of the old dudes who used to work the counter there took me out on the range one day and got me started in the sport. I continued to be a member there and loved it. Was always treated right. Slowly those guys were pushed out and all of a sudden it was nothing but problems after problems with inexperienced staff that simply don't know and care even less.

It's sad.
    I completely agree with you! I had negative experiences with them twice, which I was hoping to give them a second chance. Boy was a I wrong. I was really shocked that their staff really don't care about customers at all with their rude behavior and running a misleading false advertising. They have unprofessional attitude when it comes to treating customers. I am never shopping, nor using their range ever again! These guys are a bunch of big shot amateurs, who are totally clueless on how to run a business with customers. TSC has just shot themselves in their foot with terrible customer service. I only shop elsewhere, even though TSC is in my backyard.

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voncosbies View Post
    Let me get this straight, posting this thread wasn't the right way to deal with this matter, even though it resulted in this matter being resolved when all other "reasonable" attempts were made?
    And no, expecting a customer to research who owns a company and finding their contact info isn't "reasonable".
    I think this customer should be comended for pointing out what apears to be a huge problem (based on what other ex customers are saying on here).
    this.
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

I think the biggest issue with the staff at target sports is they are all young and dont have the experience YET. Most times i go in there they are huddled around the computer looking up videos and pictures of cool gun related stuff online. often it takes 10 minutes of them standing there not doing anything before you can get some service. Often they arent too knowlegeable about what is in stock and are more concerned with what will "look cool". I can go in two different times and get two different opinions on the same product from the same guy, ex "_______ brand is the best" then "______thats junk buy ________ instead".

I know working in a gun shop is probably a dream job but it is just that, a job, work, not a social gathering. Put the customer first and socialize when things are slow. If upper managment came down for a week and showed them a few things im sure target would change. It is a great store, great selection, its rare i walk in and dont walk out with something new, and it seems the store gets a little nicer every time im in there

The staff just needs a little polishing
    Last edited by NeonGreen; 07-14-2015 at 01:20 AM.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

My two cents, I took why PAL and RPAL courses at Target about a year and a half ago, with no problems. I now have a membership at The Grange, which will be converted to Caliber when I renew. I've always had a good experience with the staff there and it has only gotten better with the recent changes. I haven't bought a gun there yet, but I'd have no hesitation to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    As I only got my admin privileges to this forum about 5 minutes ago, I had to watch this train wreck unravel before my eyes.....

Firstly: Of course the OP will be getting a full refund. We changed the contract by cancelling his course. This is pretty straightforward and all of my staff should have understood that.

Secondly: If ever there was a reason to allow public floggings, my staff's responses to this would warrant it. We are a customer service business and we as an institution, completely screwed up.

Thirdly: This incident happened in MAY. If the OP, who in his post made reference to me, actually made an attempt to contact me, then this matter could have and would have been handled to his satisfaction.

Unfortunately, as it seems more the norm around here: For the slightest infraction, the consumer seems it better to start on a public forum instead of engaging the management of a company. These types of actions are in general, a fairly disingenuous attempt to seek a resolution and to me is viewed only as an attempt to embarrass or harass a vendor.

As anyone who has been on this board awhile will know or will have learned; I will always address a complaint head on.

Again, if at any time there is an issue at Target or TSE, please feel free to contact me directly: 1-866-720-4867 or jr@TheEdgeGroup.ca

I did send a PM to the OP last night, since I could not write on this forum that he would indeed be getting his refund.

Sincerely,

JR
    You almost got it right... but I would have left out point 3. It's great you recognize your staff messed up, that's where you should have left it...why rub salt in the wound of a customer your staff let down when he first tried to rectify it and then subsequently here. Nothing wose that admitting you're wrong and then saying... but she should'a
    "An educated mind that is not an open mind is a programmed mind" [/B]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    You almost got it right... but I would have left out point 3. It's great you recognize your staff messed up, that's where you should have left it...why rub salt in the wound of a customer your staff let down when he first tried to rectify it and then subsequently here. Nothing wose that admitting you're wrong and then saying... but she should'a
    I think any reasonable person will agree. And it is absurd thinking that for a simple no service given refund the OP should contact the owner or manager!!!

BANNED
    First I would have read anything they wanted me to sign when I registered for the course stating their policy on refunds in regard to rescheduling and cancelling of courses.
    Second I would have asked to talk to the boss.
    Apply administrative "heat" by registering a complaint with the BBB, CFO and the supervising agency for instructors (in Ontario it is the FSESO).
    If no resolution there and a continuing refusal to refund I'd have taken them to small claims court.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Sports Canada View Post
    xiaozliu,

Firstly, I apologize for the problems this may have caused, especially on that weekend. We took the initiative to call everyone who was signed up for that weekend in order to re-book them for the weekend afterwards, and for the most part, it was successful with almost everyone.

I would like to remind you that your deposit for the course was non-refundable. Everyone who signs up for the course is reminded of this when the deposit is made. In order to curb the problem of deposits getting cancelled, we rectified the issue the week afterwards.

If you decided to take the course elsewhere, after the deposit was made, then it was known by you that the deposit would have been surrendered. We did contact you after all when it was known that the instructor was ill.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but a non-refundable deposit is a non-refundable. You went elsewhere and therefore your booking deposit was kept with us. Had you wanted to take the course with us at a later date, your deposit would've still been valid.

I hope you understand and do swing by for a visit the next time around. Bring your sales receipt, and mention this discussion and we'll do everything in our power to make a trek here worth it.

Best regards,
    Target Sports Canada Staff
    If there was ever an example of how not to treat a customer, this would be it. Pretty poor and improper use of a non-refundable deposit IMO. If you, the course provider, cancel/reschedule a course, you forfeit your right to any deposit you held for that particular course.

Edit: Glad to see the matter resolved in favour of the customer.
    Last edited by promac; 07-14-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.