Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

BANNED
    Originally Posted by TSE JR
    As I only got my admin privileges to this forum about 5 minutes ago, I had to watch this train wreck unravel before my eyes.....

Firstly: Of course the OP will be getting a full refund. We changed the contract by cancelling his course. This is pretty straightforward and all of my staff should have understood that.

Secondly: If ever there was a reason to allow public floggings, my staff's responses to this would warrant it. We are a customer service business and we as an institution, completely screwed up.

Thirdly: This incident happened in MAY. If the OP, who in his post made reference to me, actually made an attempt to contact me, then this matter could have and would have been handled to his satisfaction.

Unfortunately, as it seems more the norm around here: For the slightest infraction, the consumer seems it better to start on a public forum instead of engaging the management of a company. These types of actions are in general, a fairly disingenuous attempt to seek a resolution and to me is viewed only as an attempt to embarrass or harass a vendor.

As anyone who has been on this board awhile will know or will have learned; I will always address a complaint head on.

Again, if at any time there is an issue at Target or TSE, please feel free to contact me directly: 1-866-720-4867 or jr@TheEdgeGroup.ca

I did send a PM to the OP last night, since I could not write on this forum that he would indeed be getting his refund.

Sincerely,

JR
    You had to be shamed into doing the right thing.
    I won't be dealing with TSC any time soon.

CGN frequent flyer
    This certainly wasn't the response I was expecting from tse, the op was clearly in the right and did nothing wrong.

No bashing here, I took my CFSC/CRFSC @ Target Sports few years back. And yes, there are some employees who are not supposed to be there. There are some knowledgeable ones and a few not so good ones. There was even a time when on a weekend, some of my co-workers tried to get in by chance. They were told to wait. But after 4 hrs of waiting, and some guys who knows some of the staff jumping the line, they gave up. There are several good ones manning the counter. Over the years, they made changes. Maybe JR can get some of his TSE guys checking Target on a regular but un-announced basis. Have them re-trained on regular basis so they can focus on the company policies, the way TSE is running. Micro-managing at times is not the right way of running a business. All they need is the right person, reasonable and responsible enough to treat every person entering the facility with respect. Shooter or not, competitive or recreational, regardless of age and gender, let us enjoy the privilege we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    I think the biggest issue with the staff at target sports is they are all young and dont have the experience YET. Most times i go in there they are huddled around the computer looking up videos and pictures of cool gun related stuff online. often it takes 10 minutes of them standing there not doing anything before you can get some service. Often they arent too knowlegeable about what is in stock and are more concerned with what will "look cool". I can go in two different times and get two different opinions on the same product from the same guy, ex "_______ brand is the best" then "______thats junk buy ________ instead".

I know working in a gun shop is probably a dream job but it is just that, a job, work, not a social gathering. Put the customer first and socialize when things are slow. If upper managment came down for a week and showed them a few things im sure target would change. It is a great store, great selection, its rare i walk in and dont walk out with something new, and it seems the store gets a little nicer every time im in there

The staff just needs a little polishing
    This is pretty accurate.

Also the response from the staff to this situation point to a very strict No refund policy pushed down from management, especially with the " come in and we will give you a deal in store instead" response. Seems the staff were trying to do what they could with their hands tied and not realizing sometimes a refund is justified and outside the norm.

It is not wise to ruin your reputation just for $90 ! I totally agree with NeonGreen, Obviously they don't know what is Public Relation and image building means. A good example will be the notorious service of L.....Arms ! (of course not all the employees are that bad, but definitely the manager's attitude really make people sick)

I ordered 3 parts from another company last month and paid in full. The next day they called me to tell me they didn't have one of the parts I paid for and would EMT the money for the one part back and they did. Still I was pissed and didn't want to use them for online purchases anymore. A week or so later I got the box with the two parts I paid for but wait, what's this? A free caliber magazine and a book of free targets. 30 to 40 pages of targets! Wow they pissed me off and went out of their way to keep me coming back. Guess what? Next time I need anything I'm checking with them first. That's how your run a business. They pissed me off but recognized they f'ed up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    After reading the full thread, I know where not to shop
    Last edited by Canada tail; 07-14-2015 at 01:00 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sadly the OP is not alone in the "being offered store credit" instead of a full refund.
    I bought a holster there that the counter employee told me would fit my firearm fine. Made sure to confirm 100% with the guy as the firearm was newer to me at the time. The holster was marked for my firearm too. Went out onto their range about 20 feet away. Holstered the pistol. Didn't work. Came back out told him and asked for a refund. He told me he'd only give me store credit, despite not being told that when purchasing, despite the fact the holster was in new condition and I didn't even damage the packaging, despite the fact it was literally 5 minutes later and I was on their range, despite the fact I had bought it using real money not store credit. It took me 30 minutes of my shooting time on my day off of arguing with each staff member before a "manager" finally agree "this one time" to give me a full refund.

Like I said previously the staff seems to make up "policies" depending on who it is you are dealing with at what time that day. I've never bought a regular stock item anywhere and been told "only store credit" when trying to return it within a reasonable amount of time.

I've raised these staffing/service concerns in other threads numerous times on this site. I don't want others to spend $600 a year and experience what I have. In one thread I was even told by TSE that "if I didn't like it I can leave". LOL! Why make things better when you can just tell your members to leave?
    Last edited by Punisher-One; 07-14-2015 at 02:40 PM.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    #### me. Just because you can cry, doesn't mean you should. The public forum was historically for words of merit, now I feel as though people just fling their cap around because it has moved from a point of deviance, to normalcy. JR - you're a peach. Don't change a thing. Unless you actually start handling sh*t with your bare hands, I'll continue to support you and your endeavors.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob_ View Post
    This certainly wasn't the response I was expecting from tse, the op was clearly in the right and did nothing wrong.
    I agree 100% that the client did nothing wrong, but do wish he brought it to my attention first so I could have had the opportunity to sort it before it became a CGN circus act.

What were you expecting? I acknowledged the wrongdoing and made it right with the client immediately after it came to my attention.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans