Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

This is the direction we wanted for Target Sports C. Maybe we can meet you in one of your future trip/s to TSC.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The management team is fully empowered to make decisions. I do not have the time or inclination to micromanage as I do not want to have a heart attack before I am 50.

I have every faith that the new and improved team will make things right.

JR

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    This is the direction we wanted for Target Sports C. Maybe we can meet you in one of your future trip/s to TSC.
    I am out every 3-4 weeks and always for the special event days. I like meeting the members of Target.

FYI: HVAC going in next week. Be prepared for the ranges to be closed all week.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just to update my experience with TSC:

I finally decided, based on this thread, to email my complaint email that received an abysmal response from TSC and Grange management directly to JR himself. JR's response was really good and he validated a lot of my concerns and also shattered my preconception of him. He was really concerned with my experience there and was very receptive to what I had to say.
    The employees and managers I had the poor service from are, apparently, no longer in positions at TSC. JR graciously offered to let me try the range now and see what I think of the new facility and management and I will do so. I hope with a new management team that the place runs correctly and issues like I had and the OP had get taken care of directly by staff at the range on the day of the concern.

While I am still very upset at what happened to me that caused me to not renew my membership I am pleased with JR's email responses to my concerns. I have to say that my impression of JR was not correct. His emails expressed his concern for my poor experiences at TSC and a willingness to not only make me happy but also to receive my feedback on the new staff, new management, and new facility.

It is unfortunate that I had to not renew my membership after the experience I had. I wish the management there had solved the problem before my membership was done. If they had been as positive at that time as JR has been right now it may have made a difference in my decision to leave TSC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    A business owner with several employees, and presumable supervisors, shouldn't have to deal with day to day problems like this.

Sometimes it's clearly justified (having done it myself) to make posts about #### like this on CGN but a lot of members seem to do it without exhausting all other options first, which obviously isn't fair to business owners. Hell some people seem to come here and ##### and vent before even contacting a company.

On the other hand business owners shouldn't half to walk around on egg shells and be sub-servant to everyone. Some customers are downright #######s.

A great lesson learned here is that policies are written down and not simply word of mouth. Deposits are non-refundable. Okay show me where it says that. Just like I mentioned about money on gift cards, companies (not TSE specifically) try to cut corners and employees make up BS policies to make their own job easier.

Good call on TSE for giving this guy a refund after they changed the course date.

I've been to Target Sports a decent amount of times. It is the closest firearms shop from where I live. They have a pretty decent selection and stock, so there isn't an issue with that part of the business. I now goto a further shop because of service though...

However, If you want customer service the best thing to do is avoid the guys (sad to say they seem more interested in the free range time/employee discounts for items, then helping a costumer out without a condescending tone... "Some... not all")

If you have to go look for the only girl there. She's always been helpful and friendly. I’d rather wait for her to finish up the range officer sessions and then approach her for help then deal with the guys.

Just my 2cents.
    “Before all else, be armed.” - Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by kennytaker View Post
    I've been to Target Sports a decent amount of times. It is the closest firearms shop from where I live. They have a pretty decent selection and stock, so there isn't an issue with that part of the business. I now goto a further shop because of service though...

However, If you want customer service the best thing to do is avoid the guys (sad to say they seem more interested in the free range time/employee discounts for items, then helping a costumer out without a condescending tone... "Some... not all")

If you have to go look for the only girl there. She's always been helpful and friendly. I’d rather wait for her to finish up the range officer sessions and then approach her for help then deal with the guys.

Just my 2cents.
    Not sure what you are talking about personally as I have been to TSC several times the last few months and ALL of the staff members have been helpful with me regardless how busy they were. The female employee is also excellent.

CGN Regular
    Her name is Annie, and yes, she rocks.

Kennytaker, seems like you want to throw the staff under bus without any solid facts. The staff are awesome! including the TWO female employees in front of the house.

For me, I would say to Target Sports Canada that we sell puppies. When someone buys a puppy we take a non refundable deposit unless said puppy is ready to leave (10 weeks old) they take the pup and go. Anyhow, If we take a deposit on a puppy that is say 3 weeks of age and a day later for unknown reasons the puppy passes away do you think we would hold a non refundable deposit. NO, We give people the option to choose another puppy or we give them the money back as we have reneged on our part of the contract to hand them a happy, healthy puppy that they have taken the time to choose. When someone signs up for a course they may do so as they have TIME CONSTRAINTS governing when they are available. In my opinion you reneged on your part of the contract and even being non refundable, I think you'd lose in small claims court unless you can demonstrate otherwise by posting legal documents. redacted would be fine. Just sayin.
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

The issue was resolved and the customer came out satisfied. JR is making things right at TSC.
    And there are people that go on about puppies(??) and bitching about their past experience. News for some folks, the message has been received and the whiny bus is full.
    I am a member there and I see positive things moving forward.

just my US$0.02
    Don't worry about it, you'll just get a headache