Thread: New Arrival: US M1 Garand Bolts, Complete

Contributing Dealer aacollectible's Avatar

New Arrival: US M1 Garand Bolts, Complete

We have some US M1 Garand bolts, complete. SA marked. Overall very good condition. $99.00 each
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...1-garand-bolts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    Do you ever come across IHC Garand Bolts I am looking for drawing number D-6528287IHC .
    Last edited by Winchester-1897; 07-13-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Can you get any M14 bolts? Heck, I'd settle for spare Norc M305 bolts for that matter. ;-)

(There were Norc M14 parts kit galore a while back from another vendor, but they did not have spare bolts in them.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I know I may be looking for a long shot... but is there any chance of finding a bolt out of the group with a specific lot number on it?

I'm looking for a Bolt marked D28287-2SA with Heat Lot "J8" below that. I'm looking to date match a bolt to a receiver I have. On going project.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I know I may be looking for a long shot... but is there any chance of finding a bolt out of the group with a specific lot number on it?

I'm looking for a Bolt marked D28287-2SA with Heat Lot "J8" below that. I'm looking to date match a bolt to a receiver I have. On going project.
    I'm only curious, is this just for collector's sake, to match numbers, or would a matching numbered bolt work any better in the respective receiver, like maybe fit better between the inner grooves where the rollers engage or something? I know headspacing isn't a factor until you actually marry the receiver with a barrel, and get a chamber dimension, so it can't be for that. I haven't even peeled the green oiled paper off a few of my NOS surplus Garand bolts yet to check heat lot numbers. Maybe I should. ;-)

I have a pre Pearl Harbour M1 Garand receiver. I've taken on the daunting task of acquiring parts from the proper date lot to make it 100% correct.

Glutton for punishment I know.