Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: KABOOM. The exclusive Binary Rifle Target produced by Canadaammo.com $7.99/lb

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsabre View Post
    Why not? It's not an explosive till you mixed components together. Very safe to transport.
    Canada post considers binary explosives to be explosives, regardless of how safe they are.

At least that was what my understanding was - they are prohibited for carriage through Canada Post.

Remember, it doesn't have to make sense, it only has to be Canadian....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SuperCub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billygoat View Post
    Want.
    Buy
    ........ Hark, a Fudd draweth nigh.

New to the forum (and firearms for that matter!) and reviving an old thread.

Cabelas has had cyclical sales recently for a box of "Tannerite"

Tried them recently and was very impressed! Granted this was my first go at an exploding target. I am curious if anyone has tried and compared 'KaBoom' against these? Obviously looking for value but don't mind spending a few extra bucks per pack if it means a noticeable difference in the experience.

Thanks!

CGN frequent flyer michaelsabre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayPigeon View Post
    New to the forum (and firearms for that matter!) and reviving an old thread.

Cabelas has had cyclical sales recently for a box of "Tannerite"

Tried them recently and was very impressed! Granted this was my first go at an exploding target. I am curious if anyone has tried and compared 'KaBoom' against these? Obviously looking for value but don't mind spending a few extra bucks per pack if it means a noticeable difference in the experience.

Thanks!

It's on sale at this moment (labor day sale).

Yes I noticed this morning hence my question as Tannerite at Cabelas is also back on sale!

Well for those interested had a chance to do some shooting this weekend. Mostly played with Cabelas "Tannerite" brand which is always impressive. Only had the opportunity to try one 'Kaboom' binary target and wasn't impressed it all. Much weaker and paled in comparison to Tannerite but perhaps it was a partial detonation? (is that possible?). We were using .30-06 with "Tannerite" but shot the one "Kaboom" target with an SKS. I didn't think there would be any issues using an SKS with binary targets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayPigeon View Post
    Well for those interested had a chance to do some shooting this weekend. Mostly played with Cabelas "Tannerite" brand which is always impressive. Only had the opportunity to try one 'Kaboom' binary target and wasn't impressed it all. Much weaker and paled in comparison to Tannerite but perhaps it was a partial detonation? (is that possible?). We were using .30-06 with "Tannerite" but shot the one "Kaboom" target with an SKS. I didn't think there would be any issues using an SKS with binary targets.
    I have shot the Kaboom with my .223 and am very impressed. I like it better than the tannerite. Place something on top with a little weight that is angled away from the shooter and the compression makes for an impressive boom without risk of shrapnel to the shooter. If you just wing the bag it may do a partial detonation that is less impressive.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

I had it stapled to a tree and it's very possible I winged it as I shot it with my new SKS (from Cabelas sale) which needs to be sighted desperately (waiting on the sighting tool in the mail). I really wish someone had some vids online so I can see what should be expected with "KABOOM". I won't have a chance to shoot again for a little while.

**nvm, I did find a few vids on Youtube! It would appear that I didn't get the full effect from mine that day.
    Last edited by ClayPigeon; 10-18-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    sks is marginal as it needs 2200fps. you'll need a solid hit

Thanks ya that's what I was thinking. Will try the next ones with a .30-06 and see what happens.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast