Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: GSG Schmeisser STG 44 in 22LR FREE SHIPPING

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarsogood View Post
    Got mine in the post yesterday and it is flipping great, spent 5 minutes just holding it on the hip whilst saying "papers please" and "for you tommy zee war is over!" In a dodgy German accent.
    wow....I can somehow see the headlines now...."man playing Hogan's heroes arrested today" LMAO
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by J996 View Post
    And I have to clean coffee off my desk now.
    Hey just trying to offer the best customer service I can

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    Because I took it out this afternoon - CCI Mini-Mags, stingers and some Winchester bulk crap.
    Only two FTE's and 1 FTF after 500 rounds.

WTF is this $hit?
    Off a clamped steady rest bench, 37 meters, no wind. Who says semi's aren't accurate.

I think I'm going to return it......

Excellent results!

Looks like your rifle is tight both front AND back.......

I received mine yesterday, the rifle is really a great piece to have, super easy to field strip, feed ramp & and the base of the bolt is similar to the Ruger Mark III pistol, can't wait to try it.

Thanks to Guy (Wolverine Guy) for the great service !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rugerman's Avatar
    Of course I had to be away when mine arrived. Was out of town for four days before I got to open the box. Well worth the wait. Man, what a fun rifle. Few things to say: First off, whoever made the comment about "pot metal" appearance was way off base. Couldn't be further from the truth. Just look at it. Gorgeous rifle. Secondly, yes, it's heavy. That is because it is being true to the original rifle in most ways possible excluding the calibre. Surprise, surprise. I like the feel and heft of this rifle. Nicely balanced.
    Will I be carrying it through the bush all day hunting grouse, bunnies, etc.? Unlikely, but it's accurate enough to do the job. I have a nice little 10/22 for that.
    What I will be doing with it is shooting the blazes out of it every chance I get! First day out I put about 300 rounds through it. It likes Remington and Federal Auto Match. Will have to test others soon. I like the sights on it and will be very unlikely to scope it. I had one of those orange ball targets which I pushed all over the range for an afternoon. It's a long time since I had so much fun with a .22. Not a rifle I would necessarily take every time I went to the range but if I was in the mood to do some fun plinking with clay birds, steel and reactive targets this is the first gun I would uncase. Everyone wants to shoot it as well.
    Thanks Ryan for making sure this got out to me as fast as you did. Great service as always.

Pot metal. Yeah, right.

I didn't have the most secure of rests but the rifle is clearly accurate.

Banning legal handguns is nothing more than a victory for symbolism over substance, for activity over achievement.
    © National Post 2006

Cool Hefty:

"I like a gun with a little heft to it."
    Robert Duval in "Open Range"

Mine shoots very low: have to set rear sight on 10 position only than it shoots to aiming point.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I noticed that with mine as well. Shooting indoors the other night at 20 yards I ended up with the sight way up at 8 (i assume that was an optimistic 800 metres on the original )
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Exclamation Shooting LOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I noticed that with mine as well. Shooting indoors the other night at 20 yards I ended up with the sight way up at 8 (i assume that was an optimistic 800 metres on the original )
    Ditto for mine. I've put 250 rd thru mine in the past two days. I've now got that rear sight set to "05" in the little top window to get near the bull at 50 yd.
    I think the numbers on the scale are in meters (just like the original). So that would mean 500m!! But the original was chambered for the 'Kurz' cartridge which has totally different ballistics than .22 rimfire.
    Maybe those rear sights are calibrated incorrectly for .22...
    Or could it be that the "05" means '50 meters' on these .22s?
    I doubt that--it just doesn't seem right.
    Maybe the sight just needs to be set that high for a 50 yd zero??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    Of course I had to be away when mine arrived. Was out of town for four days before I got to open the box. Well worth the wait. Man, what a fun rifle. Few things to say: First off, whoever made the comment about "pot metal" appearance was way off base. Couldn't be further from the truth. Just look at it. Gorgeous rifle. Secondly, yes, it's heavy. That is because it is being true to the original rifle in most ways possible excluding the calibre. Surprise, surprise. I like the feel and heft of this rifle. Nicely balanced.
    Will I be carrying it through the bush all day hunting grouse, bunnies, etc.? Unlikely, but it's accurate enough to do the job. I have a nice little 10/22 for that.
    What I will be doing with it is shooting the blazes out of it every chance I get! First day out I put about 300 rounds through it. It likes Remington and Federal Auto Match. Will have to test others soon. I like the sights on it and will be very unlikely to scope it. I had one of those orange ball targets which I pushed all over the range for an afternoon. It's a long time since I had so much fun with a .22. Not a rifle I would necessarily take every time I went to the range but if I was in the mood to do some fun plinking with clay birds, steel and reactive targets this is the first gun I would uncase. Everyone wants to shoot it as well.
    Thanks Ryan for making sure this got out to me as fast as you did. Great service as always.

Pot metal. Yeah, right.

I didn't have the most secure of rests but the rifle is clearly accurate.

Try putting a magnet to it . It's not steel
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.