Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gsg stg 44

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Nice rifle, but still only a 22 LR... JP.
    Come on caramel, $600 should only be a drop in the bucket for ya. What's not to love about 22's. Some of the most fun I have had as a kid was on 22lr
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    That's what I thought. System Dittrich (sp.) does make these in 7.92x33 Kurz, they are restricted and expensive at around $2650
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadLieutenant View Post
    I feel the same way....$600 for a 22.......I can't believe the hype!

I feel bad to see men turning into boys over a replica in 22 caliber.... God please!

When I was young the hype was about AKs, Colt H-Bars, Bushmasters, Daewoos, Surplus AR-10s, AR-180 etc .......things have seriously changed

LOL
    I had every one on your list & more. Remember the $99 Stens or the $250 MG34's how about the $450 BAR's Still have a few of them .
    I can't get excited over a replica 22 ether
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    That's what I thought. System Dittrich (sp.) does make these in 7.92x33 Kurz, they are restricted and expensive at around $2650
    Worth it imo
    But where would you find the Kurz round? I've never seen it for sale anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    Worth it imo
    But where would you find the Kurz round? I've never seen it for sale anywhere
    Privi makes them. Marsar and trade ex has them i think.
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Come on caramel, $600 should only be a drop in the bucket for ya. What's not to love about 22's. Some of the most fun I have had as a kid was on 22lr
    22 is a caliber i shoot when i still have room in my case for one extra firearm, and money is no object, even the grandkids at the farm, prefer the CX-4 and the SKS to plink, the 22's are sitting in the locker, my question is do i really need another 22...

I think not... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    22 is a caliber i shoot when i still have room in my case for one extra firearm, and money is no object, even the grandkids at the farm, prefer the CX-4 and the SKS to plink, the 22's are sitting in the locker, my question is do i really need another 22...

I think not... JP.
    C'mon JP. You've posted some threads about the S&W 617 & Beretta 74 you have and how you loved them. The StG 44 is the cherry on top of the .22lr fun guns for me, plus that repro is the closest thing to the real one we have the opportunity to own. Lot's of folks, including me have been dreaming of it for the last 3 yrs, the dream has now come true.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    C'mon JP. You've posted some threads about the S&W 617 & Beretta 74 you have and how you loved them. The StG 44 is the cherry on top of the .22lr fun guns for me, plus that repro is the closest thing to the real one we have the opportunity to own. Lot's of folks, including me have been dreaming of it for the last 3 yrs, the dream has now come true.
    A pistol and a revolver are very different from a rifle...
    22 LR, i think, i have 12-13 rifles and none get used and i have one 10-22 Target HB still with all it's tags on it... JP.

PS: Harry i will try yours with a couple of mags, in return you can shoot both barrels of my new Merkel 140 AE 375 H&H...
    Last edited by caramel; 07-17-2015 at 09:41 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    only 22LR? it'll perforate and kill you just as well as any other caliber, LOL!

no respect for the .22...no respect...
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 07-17-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    only 22LR? it'll perforate and kill you just as well as any other caliber, LOL!

no response for the .22...no respect...
    If a 22 is my only firearm laying around, i will have fun with it, if i get to pick one from my herd for a day at the range, i may go with my Coonan or my Toklat 454 Casull instead... Or both... JP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast