Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands Back IN STOCK Again!

BCI barrel, Barrel vice and wrench

Hello Gents,

My wife bought me a M1 Garand (dream Rifle) For christmas and after an extensive break down and clean I have made the determination that the barrel needs to be replaced (heavy pitting on outside, rifling worn, and chambered with no-go gauge). Where can I order a CBI barrel in Canada? Also i would like to get the barrel vice and receiver wrench. If you know where I can buy these items let me know! My receiver is in great condition as well as most of the components. Component data seems to show that it was made by H&R arms in 55 with a combination of H&R and SA components. The stock has really interesting markings, TRONG 1749 is hand engraved into the butt. I attempted to do a US military personnel search to see if that name and last four could be found but no luck so it was most likely a lend lease that made its way back to Canada.

I bought a replacement barrel from Marstar. Not sure what brand it was (Citadel?). Can't help you with the tools. Some of the Norinco M305 guys might know. TacticalTeacher runs M14 clinics and will likely be able to point you in the right direction if he can't help himself. The M1 is the father of the M14 and some of the tools apply to both. Congrats and good luck with the project.

Mobile user here- every time I click your link I end up not getting anywhere. What's up with that?

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyintoga View Post
    Mobile user here- every time I click your link I end up not getting anywhere. What's up with that?
    We are currently sold out, which is why the link doesn't work

-Matt

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We are currently sold out, which is why the link doesn't work

-Matt
    any hints as to when you'll get more? CDN $ notwithstanding?

Expried Business Member
    they have 6 in queue but no ETA!! just awaiting parts... email notify@wanstallsonline.com with the word "Garand" in the subject line to get updates!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    What about there carbines?

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Whow
    Wait a sec

You bought a 2200 $ rifle and the barrel needs replacing?
    Dafuk?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammodude View Post
    Hello Gents,

My wife bought me a M1 Garand (dream Rifle) For christmas and after an extensive break down and clean I have made the determination that the barrel needs to be replaced (heavy pitting on outside, rifling worn, and chambered with no-go gauge). Where can I order a CBI barrel in Canada? Also i would like to get the barrel vice and receiver wrench. If you know where I can buy these items let me know! My receiver is in great condition as well as most of the components. Component data seems to show that it was made by H&R arms in 55 with a combination of H&R and SA components. The stock has really interesting markings, TRONG 1749 is hand engraved into the butt. I attempted to do a US military personnel search to see if that name and last four could be found but no luck so it was most likely a lend lease that made its way back to Canada.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Whow
    Wait a sec

You bought a 2200 $ rifle and the barrel needs replacing?
    Dafuk?
    It must have been an original USGI barreled rifle bought privately. All JRA rifles come with brand new shiny Criterion barrels...

Gary

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    What about there carbines?
    Yes any M1 carbines coming in ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast