Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands Back IN STOCK Again!

It's a lot of money but I probably would have gone for it!
    AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Any idea when these will start being shipped out??
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

Expried Business Member
    Should have the last of them out by tomorrow morning!!

Got my Garand today, all I can say is wow does JRA ever do a good job on these. Thanks Wanstall's for getting these in stock in a timely fashion

CGN Regular
    Do these require a break-in period? Took mine out first time today, about 50% of the time the gun would eject the spent case and the bolt would close but fail to feed the next round from the clip. Took two full boxes of American Eagle Garand ammo before I was able to get through a full clip without a hiccup. I was out of ammo at that point so I'm not sure if the issue is fully resolved. Is there a problem with my rifle?

It looks like there is a break in period. Mine took about 100 rounds before it smoothed out and wore in. the first few clips took a manual racking to feed rounds. It gradually began to cycle reliably with an occasional first round hesitation to chamber a round. Runs like a champ now and am loving it!

Mine does the same thing as well, have only put a couple of clips through it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonald View Post
    Do these require a break-in period? Took mine out first time today, about 50% of the time the gun would eject the spent case and the bolt would close but fail to feed the next round from the clip. Took two full boxes of American Eagle Garand ammo before I was able to get through a full clip without a hiccup. I was out of ammo at that point so I'm not sure if the issue is fully resolved. Is there a problem with my rifle?

They will need few boxes of ammo to loosen up a bit. I also had to refit my stock a bit under the trigger guard as the hammer wasn't always catching the sear when fired.

Also my rifle didn't come properly lubricated, some surfaces were completely dry that should have been greased. So you may want to disassemble the rifle and re-lube it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chief16 View Post
    It's a lot of money but I probably would have gone for it!
    Welcome to the new price plateau for Garands.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BadRonald View Post
    Had this happen too. I found that of the too en-blocs, one fed well, the other cause the FTF. Try other en-blocks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast