Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Varmint rifle

CGN Regular
    thanks very much for the reply - will continue to watch your dealer forum for updates and more MH pics

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Like most government, the SFSS works on their own time schedule, so we have absolutely no clue as to when we might see anything from them. I suspect the more we bug them the longer they will take.
    The second we get the approval materials will be ordered and full production will begin, simply as what we submitted IS a production rifle rather than a prototype as we did with the MH.

As for further expansion both in the shop and staff, it is in the plan, but until after October decides what is in the future we are going to stall.
    If God forbid Tommy the Commie or Trudeau2.0 gets in things may change dramatically for the gun culture as we know it today, so to extend my neck even further seems like less than a wise move until we know what is in store for the next 4 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    the 204 is vary interesting MV I wonder what the fur damage would be on raccoons and beaver

Agreed; the 204 Ruger would be very interesting as would the 17 Remington. I'm still keen on one chambered in 6x45 Remington though.

Rick; providing you had a reamer, or I supplied you with a reamer, would ATRS build an MV chambered in 6x45? Would you accept a customer supplied reamer, or barrel for that matter?

Edit: Assuming you will be chambering the MV is 204 Ruger then a 6-204 shouldn't be a stretch. That may prove to be a very accurate round in your MV as it shares the same case volume of the 6mm PPC and very closely resembles the 6x47 which was a popular benchrest cartridge. Dies and reamers will be more difficult to source though. Just thinking out loud here.
    Last edited by hend238; 09-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Can we have a Modern SMG in 9mm after this please?

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OccasionallyOnTarget View Post
    Can we have a Modern SMG in 9mm after this please?
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by OccasionallyOnTarget View Post
    Please.
    You should probably contact Alberta Tactical Sub Machine Guns for that one...

My MH has shot 1/2 MOA right out of the box so long as I do my job correctly behind the gun. I'll be first in line to proudly buy a MV too. As Canadians we all owe Rick and Dustin and their ATRS team our gratitude for taking a chance and making these highly accurate NR rifles a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 223remfmj View Post
    My MH has shot 1/2 MOA right out of the box so long as I do my job correctly behind the gun. I'll be first in line to proudly buy a MV too. As Canadians we all owe Rick and Dustin and their ATRS team our gratitude for taking a chance and making these highly accurate NR rifles a reality.
    You should post some pics of your 1/2 Moa groups in the modern hunter thread. A lot of us have been waiting to see a constant 1/2 MOA groups, I haven't had a chance to get mine out yet, soon hopefully
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

What kind of trigger with the MV come with? Can it take standard AR15 triggers?

You said it will be less expensive than the MH, how much less?

Quote Originally Posted by Donster 125 View Post
    What kind of trigger with the MV come with? Can it take standard AR15 triggers?

You said it will be less expensive than the MH, how much less?
    I believe it to be a timney, no it cant.

Jury is out on price. Market, material cost and various other factors will come into play. If i were you aim for 3500$ as a generous amount. Where did that number come from you ask? Thats the base cost of the MH.