Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Varmint rifle

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Yohann160 We are NOT building a military rifle and have gone to great lengths and cost to distance our rifles from a RESTRICTED military rifle. Therefore the specs will be significantly better than Milspec, but not all Milspec stuff will fit.
    I understand that you are not building a military rifle, but I'd love it if there were almost 2 "versions", one a match varmint rifle, and the other a slightly "looser" rifle for 3 gun etc.

I would love a rifle to practice with on steel on privately held land!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    I understand that you are not building a military rifle, but I'd love it if there were almost 2 "versions", one a match varmint rifle, and the other a slightly "looser" rifle for 3 gun etc.

I would love a rifle to practice with on steel on privately held land!
    I fully intend to compete in 3 gun with mine. The 18.6" barrel will prove to be a bit unwieldy compared to my current 16" but i see absolutely no reason to want a rifle with poor tolerances. Our AT15s have a proven track record for working as well and in some cases better than any of the big name milspec rifles in less than ideal circumstances, the MVs will be built to the same tolerances and fit as our AT15s are.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    Sounds good.

I seem to recall reading one of your posts that said the AT15 is not designed to be a battle rifle and that the tolerances were extremely tight for accuracy purposes. Providing it doesn't mind being shot fast, hot, and dirty with M193 and M855 it should be all good!

When we started the AT15 project we went with the tightest tolerances possible to improve accuracy,, but not so tight as to compromise reliability.
    We did NOT intend them to be battle rifles, yet we had a private security contractor use our guns in the big sand box for several tours. They came back claiming our guns ran better than the GI issue guns in sand and crap conditions.

We have a few AT15s built for F/A at the shop and they have been run hot enough that the barrel and can have been turned cherry red several times. they still function just fine. When pounding out several thousand round of ammo in short order for testing I tend to buy the cheapest 223 ammo I can, usually American Eagle bulk which is not known to be the cleanest around. What can I say?

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

BANNED
    Any chance of this being made in 6.5 or 6.8?

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Any chance of this being made in 6.5 or 6.8?
    Probably not, at least for now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Can ya throw us another bone like maybe time frame or cost?

you guys are sitting there all happy about the Varmint hunter and i still haven't got my freeeeking modern hunter i ordered at xmas!!!!!!ahhhhhhh i want everything

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Can ya throw us another bone like maybe time frame or cost?
    Nope. We played this game before with the MH and got crapped all over for being off a bit on price as big time when the feds took FAAAAAR longer than anticipated, and then again when outside suppliers of barrels did not meet their deadlines.
    Once we KNOW what these are going to cost to manufacture, what furniture options will be AND cost we can give an estimate of pricing based on the peso's value THAT day. As for timeline, I could tell you whatever you want to hear, but the truth is we have no clue when the SFSS might make a determination. we sure as hell did not expect the nearly 3 years it took for the MH.

Quote Originally Posted by struik View Post
    you guys are sitting there all happy about the Varmint hunter and i still haven't got my freeeeking modern hunter i ordered at xmas!!!!!!ahhhhhhh i want everything
    We are busting our asses to get these out the door as fast as we can while still maintaining the quality.
    What kills me is that we have over 20 guns completed and ready to go, clients have been called and yet they are still sitting in our safe, some for a couple of months now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I understand , I'm just paying around It's about time somebody did this and when your ready , I'm in for sure. Thank for the info.