Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look at all that bulk ammo in stock :)

CGN Regular
    Wow, all I can say is good thing I roll my own or I could not afford to do much shooting otherwise.

That post went into the weeds quite fast.
    Better keep these ammo prices secret.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyair View Post
    Its getting out of hand how much ammo costs.
    No, its getting out of hand how businesses count on their customer being ignorant and not researching price before buying. Why would you buy at $370/1000 when you can buy for $330/1000?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    How about the price at the pump for regular gas, with $50 a barrel oil...... Some things in recent years have be one quite dependable and blaming it on a low dollar does not tell the whole story.

It seems things are improving slowly in the US but I fear the supply chain has gotten use to setting the price as they see fit and nothing shirt of reduced sales will get their attention.

Sorry for the rant OP, but even though price increase with every shipment has become the new norm, it needs to be mentioned when flogging the latest shipment. The idea that simple availability trumps all price increase has not yet taken wide spread hold of the Canadian market..... Yet!

Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    No, its getting out of hand how businesses count on their customer being ignorant and not researching price before buying. Why would you buy at $370/1000 when you can buy for $330/1000?
    It's possible that one store has not yet adjusted their prices, I don't see the problem originating at the retail level from most sponsors around here.

When it comes to things like gas and ammo what choice do you have?
    If you want to participate in driving it shooting you need to fuel hour machine.

The only choice is to reduce consumption and shift to more efficient machines if possible....
    People should be stocking up on surplus that is still affordable and has defied the trends of the last few years.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    It's possible that one store has not yet adjusted their prices, I don't see the problem originating at the retail level from most sponsors around here.
    12% hike while more than one other retailer is still lower? I doubt that.

Either way, pays to do your homework and know who is charging what for the exact same thing.

The only time shooting edge has good prices on ammo is Easter weekend. Probably better to save your duckets and buy from shooting edge once a year...

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twong1980 View Post
    The only time shooting edge has good prices on ammo is Easter weekend. Probably better to save your duckets and buy from shooting edge once a year...
    I disagree. We often have extremely competitive pricing on most things.

If you look over the entire listing of ammo offered, some are very well priced.

It's also easy for some other shops to advertise lower prices and only have 5 cases in stock. Or they are online primarily, or exclusively and can run on a much tighter margin. We commit to pallets at a time to ensure flow and availability. We also do not pay our people minimum wage.

We just got this ammo and the price is the price.

If you don't like it, buy elsewhere but to constantly accuse us of gouging is bull####.

Other threads have explained time and time again that most of us retailers use a simple mark up formula based on a landed (in our store) price.

Again, our prices are set by formula, not what we think we can sell it for (maximum). Sometimes, we also get stung by a bad buy. But we have it and offer it. Buy it, or don't. But stop the name calling.

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 07-23-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I've been in your store before and dealt with you staff, both of with have been positive experiences. Let me elaborate on what I said. I think shooting in general and ammo costs everywhere are too high, not just TSE. While I do notice that some prices are higher in general, what I meant by that statement is that once a year, you guys have fantastic prices. A budget shooter would be wise to save up, and stock up from TSE once a year. I personally buy a few thousand dollars worth over that weekend from shooting edge, then I try not to buy anything the rest of the year in order to save up for next years sale. While I do agree with anyone who calls me cheap, doing things this way probably saves me about $1000 a year. For some, it's a difference of a couple bucks, for me, it's the difference between shooting being an expensive sport and shooting being cost prohibitive. I wasn't trying to piss you off JR, if anything, it's because of your business practice that I am able to shoot as often as I do.
    Last edited by twong1980; 07-23-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twong1980 View Post
    I've been in your store before and dealt with you staff, both of with have been positive experiences. Let me elaborate on what I said. I think shooting in general and ammo costs everywhere are too high, not just TSE. While I do notice that some prices are higher in general, what I meant by that statement is that once a year, you guys have fantastic prices. A budget shooter would be wise to save up, and stock up from TSE once a year. I personally buy a few thousand dollars worth over that weekend from shooting edge, then I try not to buy anything the rest of the year in order to save up for next years sale. While I do agree with anyone who calls me cheap, doing things this way probably save me about $1000 a year. For some, it's a difference of a couple bucks, for me, it's the difference between shooting being an expensive sport and shooting being cost prohibitive. I wasn't trying to piss you of JR, if anything, it's because of your business practice that I am able to shoot as often as I do.
    Agree.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast