Thread: Owner's resident address versus restricted's registration address?

Owner's resident address versus restricted's registration address?

OK I purchased my first restricted and need to confirm something that my club has put into confusion.

Can I live at a primary residence and register the guns storage address at a second part time (owned) property near where the club is?

I was told yes by my trainer but......

Concise non-political or CFO or RCMP bashing answer would be appreciated. I am tired.......

Thanks in advance.

I guess a corollary question is can I ship it to the storage address directly and STATT from the local PO to there or does it have to come to my residence first then STATT from my PO to house and again STATT from house to farm?
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

CGN frequent flyer
    You need to talk with the CFC and CFO to get this approved. Having someone on here say its OK and you doing it based off that advice would not be the best plan.

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    In Ontario, you can only store restricted at the residential address the CFO has for you. I specifically asked.
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Whiteout, Ok so I was not asking for anyone's "OK" or "advise" here... I have read enough forums to know this response thanks. I am asking if anyone has experience thus facts... but perhaps I wasn't clear on that sorry.
    Tim, Thanks.
    I have a message with CFO and will call CFC Monday asap and perhaps all I need to do is change the address of record to my other property. Thanks.

So this is straight from talking to the CFC this morning... the storage address can be different than your residence on file.
    And the club was mislead as they assumed I was like the cottage guys who bring their toys up from TO for the weekend at the cottage and go to the range. Mine won't be commuting.