Thread: Think you could arrange a special order of short TacSol barrels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar

Think you could arrange a special order of short TacSol barrels?

Over the years you folks have been able to secure several custom runs on short barrel guns that are non restricted here in Canada that aren't part of the manufacturers normal gun line up.

I am wondering if you might be able to work your magic again this time with a batch of short barrels for the Ruger 10-22 rifle.

It seems that years ago Tactical Solutions made a run of 12.25" Ruger Charger barrels like this.

However it appears that they no longer make them and all the US sites I have found are out of stock.

I am wondering if you could possibly work with Tactical Solutions to do a run of short barrels for our unique Canadian gun laws.

My goal is to build something like this

I am not sure what the barrel length would need to be so that the overall length of the rifle fully collapsed would still be NR. A 10/22 setup with this stock and a barrel from Tac Sol would be crazy light and could be very useful for young shooters all the way up to adult shooters.

Another option is Majestic Arms.

I already have a 9" Dlask arms .920 which is fine for me but too heavy for my kids, what I really hope to do is build a super light rifle that my kids and I can both shoot. I am set on the .920 barrel so I can add a set of Nodak Spud sights to it as well.

I am not sure if anyone else here might be interested in a barrel like this, just thought I would ask and see if this is something that might be possible down the road...

Thanks
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Seconded

Even better if not threaded; I'd rater have the cleaner, shorter length over a threaded cap or compensator.

With the American rules considering SBRs, methinks this unlikely ... yet with Ruger's 're-launch' of the Charger pistol, who knows ...
    If you use the EE, at the very least please name your home province on your bio page.

I'd definitely be in for a threaded one.

Any chance you guys could make this happen?

Anyone with a stock like this able to get me a measurement on how long the barrel would need to be to stay NR even fully collapsed?

Majestic Arms offers a 12" and 14" aluminum barrel http://www.majesticarms.com/id2.html

Really would like to build an ultralight rig like this for my kids.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Thats a sweet looking stock, do you know who makes them?

Quote Originally Posted by slyty View Post
    Thats a sweet looking stock, do you know who makes them?
    Blackhawk I believe. They call it a Knoxx Axiom
    Last edited by Taylor-Made; 05-30-2016 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Wisdom by Big Ugly Man:

Remember - the toes you step on today may belong to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    I would like to see WhistlePig barrels as they fit my needs. I talked to them they are looking for a Canadian importer that can handle the paperwork. If I knew how to do this I would do it myself.

This might be a good thing for you look into. doing 2 or 3 orders a year or getting involved in preorders. I have a few color combos I like for 10/22 builds

Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    I would like to see WhistlePig barrels as they fit my needs. I talked to them they are looking for a Canadian importer that can handle the paperwork. If I knew how to do this I would do it myself.

This might be a good thing for you look into. doing 2 or 3 orders a year or getting involved in preorders. I have a few color combos I like for 10/22 builds
    They are one of the companies I came across in my search as well. I was going to email them today about a 12" Charger barrel... Sounds like they don't ship here yet though.