Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Precision Rifle Coming Soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rl4930 View Post
    Has anybody done a real world review on these things yet to see if they shoot?
    I'm hoping NUTNFANCY does a review before anyone has them in stock!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I was looking at a MI forend , about 5.5 ounces lighter. Not sure what the weight difference is between a steel nut and an aluminum one. Chop the barrel to 18 1/2 is another couple of ounces. I can't find any info on the stock , but it looks heavy., I have a Rogers super stoc and its only 7.3 ounces. Should be no trouble knocking this back to under 8 lbs.
    I would have a light profile 16" barrel made or adapt one from an AR if possible.

The XCR drops a pound in weight on the same length barrel (heavy to light profile) and this barrel is even heavier to start with plus it will lose 4". The butt stock looks very heavy and the hand guard can go much shorter and lighter profile.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

any coming in 6.5 creedmoor

CGN frequent flyer
    They seem pretty interesting, but by the time you throw a bartlein or similar barrel on it, get the action trued up and timed and get a decent trigger group, I think it's still gonna be a $3000 gun.

Just wondering since it is bolt action, can I have legally a 10 or even 20 or 30 round p mag full capacity in it (for target, obviously not for hunting).
    "Na množství nehleďte"

Quote Originally Posted by joe n View Post
    Just wondering since it is bolt action, can I have legally a 10 or even 20 or 30 round p mag full capacity in it (for target, obviously not for hunting).
    No, because the pmags were designed for a semi auto (ar10). Magazine capacity is based on what firearm the magazine was designed to be used it, not on what firearm you actually are using it in. so a magazine designed for a semi auto rifle is limited to 5 rounds even if that magazine is being used in a bolt action.

Thanks for the clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by sly mantis View Post
    No, because the pmags were designed for a semi auto (ar10). Magazine capacity is based on what firearm the magazine was designed to be used it, not on what firearm you actually are using it in. so a magazine designed for a semi auto rifle is limited to 5 rounds even if that magazine is being used in a bolt action.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rl4930 View Post
    They seem pretty interesting, but by the time you throw a bartlein or similar barrel on it, get the action trued up and timed and get a decent trigger group, I think it's still gonna be a $3000 gun.
    If that is the gun you want, then definitely. The RPR appears to have as much potential as any platform at this point but we'll now more once there are more out there in the hands of good shooters.

That said, the real point of this rifle isn't for it to be a super-customizable semi-custom build type rifle. Ruger'a intent was to build a rifle that will allow shooter to be able to get into precision shooting competitions (non f class) and be fairly competitive with an out of the box rig. Hopefully they have succeeded!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I thought it was that you could have more than 5 in the mag of a centerfire rifle (at any time, but less when hunting), 10 is a shotgun (less when hunting), and unlimited in a rimfire?

-J.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    10 in a bolt centerfire.
    hunting regs are not part of the firearm act.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.