Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Precision Rifle Coming Soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    So, what are you all thinking of doing for glass? I want to try and stay under 1k. This is the first long range ( non tactical ) scope I am going to buy and I am sorta lost lol.
    |CCFR|

http://www.wanstallsonline.com/vorte...iflescope.html
    That's what I'm going for, more than enough for my needs. I also ordered an atlas bipod and some noseler match grade .308. The only thing missing is the rifle now

CGN Regular
    The 6.5 CM is the new 308.

Really good factory ammunition and son is the reloading capabilities. Their is a tons of reloading data, it is an easy caliber to load and Hornady brass are not That bad for this caliber.

6.5cm is better than a 308 win for short and long range.
    in fact almost anything That is 6mm or 6.5mm is better than a 308 win.
    Better ballistic, more speed, better in the wind and since bullet are lighter they require less material so they cost a bit less.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    So, what are you all thinking of doing for glass? I want to try and stay under 1k. This is the first long range ( non tactical ) scope I am going to buy and I am sorta lost lol.
    It sounds like you are looking for a Sightron! Check them out at forum sponsors Hirsch Precision and Mystic Precision. A rifle with the long range capabilities of this gun deserves capable long range glass and by all accounts Sightron cannot be beat for quality glass under a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    It sounds like you are looking for a Sightron! Check them out at forum sponsors Hirsch Precision and Mystic Precision. A rifle with the long range capabilities of this gun deserves capable long range glass and by all accounts Sightron cannot be beat for quality glass under a grand.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll check that out.
    |CCFR|

If ammo was more readily available I would have gone 6.5. I also don't reload so it doesn't make sense for me to buy anything in creed moor until I start reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    The 6.5 CM is the new 308.

Really good factory ammunition and son is the reloading capabilities. Their is a tons of reloading data, it is an easy caliber to load and Hornady brass are not That bad for this caliber.

6.5cm is better than a 308 win for short and long range.
    in fact almost anything That is 6mm or 6.5mm is better than a 308 win.
    Better ballistic, more speed, better in the wind and since bullet are lighter they require less material so they cost a bit less.
    |CCFR|

finaly a 243 with a 7.7 twist, and with a 26" barrel finally a company that gets the ballistic performance of this cartridge, with 115 DTAC its flatter than a 260, just harder on barrels. but long range isnt cheap.
    except for the new awesome rifle. Thank you Ruger.

Found them online in a store in PA for $950.
    wish we could get prices like that in Canada.
    I hate exchange rates

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Material cost might be less for lighter bullet but popularity dictates price. 308 being way more popular has far more better deals than 6.5. Cost less to reload 308.

Prophet River's price
    LAPUA - 30 CAL - 167 GR - HPBT SCENAR - 100CT $44.00
    LAPUA - 6.5MM - 139 GR - HPBT SCENAR - 100CT$46.00

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    ...since bullet are lighter they require less material so they cost a bit less.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

I wonder if you are going to get 2 mags with it If you purchase one down in the US it comes with 2 mags.
    Last edited by DragonStrike; 07-27-2015 at 11:39 AM.