Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter and the US of A

The modern hunter is too scary!
    Think of the children!!!!!!

(Read with sarcasm tone)

CGN frequent flyer
    I am just thank full that we have this unique and quality product available to us and first! I cannot wait for the chance to order one----Dieseldog!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    There are still plenty of US customers who own semi-auto rifles other than ARs. Tavors, Sig 550 series, AKs, ZV-58s, etc. I love ARs and all, but not to the exclusion of other things.
    This is bad news. BATFE is just as bad as the RCMP when it comes to being highly politicized and hostile to gun ownership by the citizenry. Having access to the US market would have let ATRS grow, and would have brought prices down for us Canadians (economy of scale).
    Yes, there are. But we all know the major, and possibly sole, reason for designing and producing this rifle was because the AR is restricted and cannot be used for normal use (I don't consider being limited to a range normal use). Thus, they designed a really nice AR-like rifle that is just different enough to be able to be classified as NR, but has many ergonomic and functional similarities to the AR.

If the AR was classed as it should be according to our laws, based on barrel length and it's semi automatic functionality, then I would bet dollars to donuts the Modern Hunter never would have came to fruition. It would be far more likely for amazing gunsmiths and designers such as ATRS to simply make really nice, high end, AR15 and AR10 rifles. Heck, they could just as easily make the AR10 in whatever caliber you wanted.

I am sure there would be a small market for this in the US, but to be honest, the price for a rifle like this just can't compete with AR10's if they can both be used in the exact same way. Up here, there is justification for designing a rifle like this, even though it obviously is going to cost a lot more to design a ground-up rifle and produce it. Hence it sells well up here (it's a great gun no doubt, not meaning to knock it in any way, just saying that if the AR10 could be used freely up here, there's likely no way ATRS could justify the cost of design and building a completely unique firearm, or if they did, it would not sell nearly as well as it currently does).

My feelings anyways.... but I don't see the US market being lost as a big loss at all, especially when you are barely keeping up with demand up here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    What market? It is legal to hunt with AR's down there and there ar many to choose from depending on your needs.

It is only here that a semi auto AR looking rifle with NR status has appeal and can command a steep price because of rarity.
    I do and I highly recommend it to all Canadian hunters who are willing to cross the border.
    Last edited by Sqr; 08-25-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
    no one in the U.S. would buy them anyways, they have ready access to the AR-10 platform at a much smaller price.
    ^^^this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Protectionism is part of Americans way of life... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    ^^^this.
    That is utter crap. There are premium AR builders in the USA that do quite well. The challenge for ATRS would be whether or not they'd buy a non american premium rifle that has little in the way of history.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    That is utter crap. There are premium AR builders in the USA that do quite well. The challenge for ATRS would be whether or not they'd buy a non american premium rifle that has little in the way of history.
    NO, the challenge is getting the US Dept of State to change its protectionist policies that deem ALL Canadian made black rifle as well as ALL firearms that "may" have been used in a war somewhere as "weapons of war".

Our MH has the identical operating system to an AR10, so not at all unproven. Most people can appreciate high quality even if they can not afford it.
    Baer and JP seem to so ok and frankly our rifles are better quality and offer better support.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    NO, the challenge is getting the US Dept of State to change its protectionist policies that deem ALL Canadian made black rifle as well as ALL firearms that "may" have been used in a war somewhere as "weapons of war".

Our MH has the identical operating system to an AR10, so not at all unproven. Most people can appreciate high quality even if they can not afford it.
    Baer and JP seem to so ok and frankly our rifles are better quality and offer better support.
    That's as strong (if not bold) of a statement as I've ever seen one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    That's as strong (if not bold) of a statement as I've ever seen one.
    Honestly after getting mine on Saturday, I have a tendancy to agree with what Rick suggested, however I do agree that was a rather bold statement. This thing is phenominal and Rick and his team really out did themselves! We will see how it stands the test of time and how the customer service is, but I hope to find both as phenominal!

Last edited by onetwentyish; 08-25-2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast