Thread: Norinco P239

Norinco P239

Hi Canada Ammo, is there a chance that Norinco could make a copy of the SigSauer P239 if there was enough demand for it. Obviously with a 106 mm barrel.

i think they can only copy early versions of 220,229 and 226 due to licensing issues. SIG people are not stupid. However,some unique features can be done such as long dust cover,srt trigger, threaded barrel,ext...but all depends on market demand and volume.
    Have heard this many times: major norinco small arm plants are running 24/7 to full fill mega orders for other countries. Civilian market(majority in canada, euro union, newzeland) still consider to be too small for Norinco.
    Most of the Norinco stuff we have, are from surplus or overstocks due to political changes, rarely much new items.

Due to the huge demand of defense export and increasing domestic security/anti terrorism needs, the prc ministry of defense have been encouraging private companies to develop new military/LE equipment, including new vehicles, small arms, drone,special tools, optics, ext, the odds for us to get Chinese made firearms are good, at least for the long shot
    Eat rice, but ain't ricer, love spicy stuff
    Have you listen to Jordan Peterson lately? You should, and just letting you know i'm currently cleaning out my room/house/shop/garage/tool box/safe
    CCFR, CSSA, CFIB member

If this was possible I'd really like one with the DAK trigger, instead of the SA/DA.

Sig makes really good looking guns, but they are expensive.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Ha! There's been a few threads here on here with "guns I'd like Norinco to make".

Literally hundreds of dreams guns.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    The demand for this line mostly comes from the middle east, so we have little say in what gets built