Thread: Pictures on website?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar

Pictures on website?

When are you going to add pictures of the firearms you sell to your website?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Your descriptions don't go into enough detail to make up for no picture.

I think you would double your online sales and would have less complaints.

Making one extra step for a buyer needing to request pictures, in an email, for an item of interest, is one step too many.

Thank you for reading this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Small pictures so they don't slow down your site.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Epps have been pretty quick responding to my photo requests - with in 1 business day. I am sure it would be quite a job trying to maintain photos of stock in real time.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

CGN Regular
    I wonder how long it would take to take and post over 4000 pictures? Even used is close to 900.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    I wonder how long it would take to take and post over 4000 pictures? Even used is close to 900.
    the other problem is size of the pics. generally average 4 pictures per firearm, each one around 5 megs. so about 18,000 megs for just the used in stock alone. then there is the upkeep to remove pictures of firearms that are actually sold. and not on layaway, or guns that people cancel. or guns that people fail to pay off the firearm after 3 months. Then there are the new guns, which would need to be on the server as well, as most big companies aren't going to want other companies linking to their website using up their bandwidth. and the pictures of the fancy new guns, or just any new gun people have had requests about. server space, and server up keep aren't cheap.

while it would be nice to see it, and the staff would like to see it, there are many other things that are better suited to being put on the website, new scopes, ammunition that is in stock, any other items in stock.

the new bows that have been put on the website have been selling like hot cakes. ammo on the discounted accessories sells like mad.
    firearms turnover at the moment is fast enough most guns don't get pictures taken of them to be emailed out anyhow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1963beretta's Avatar
    I love the idea of having pictures, but honestly, Ellwood is so good at emailing you detailed pictures that it really doesnt make a difference. I'd much rather receive an email with detailed quality photos then having small images posted on the site that arent clear and barely visible. I have always received photos wthin the same day I have requested them. Also, Ellwood sells some guns so quickly that wasting time posting photos isnt really time well spent. I'd much rather them focus on the customer service they are know for providing. If you want pictures, just ask! And hope the gun isnt sold while you wait. If the gun is something you cant live without, give them a call. I'm sure they'll hold the gun for you until you until you receive the photos.