Thread: Question about Hatsan MPA extension tubes...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar

Question about Hatsan MPA extension tubes...

Building out a 3-gun shotgun, going with the Hatsan for a couple of reasons.

My question about the extension tube centers around "not wanting to run afoul of Miramachi."

The shotgun is listed as 4+1 for 3" magnums. Your extension is listed as +2... This would put me over the line. Is there a reasonably effective, non-comlicated, way of limiting the extension so I would end up with "5 and three quarter" 3" shell capacity?

Yes,there is.
    What I did,I cut a piece of broom stick and put it inside of the tube.
    According to my search it's legal with shotgun tube mag.

Regards
    Zygy

all mag tubes are rated but 2.75 inch shells for +2 is for 2 more 2.75 inch shells

your hatsan is chambered in 3 inch so you can have 5 3 inch shells in your gun it does not matter how many smaller shells it fits
    I run 9 of my home made 2.25inch shells in mine.

on a side note, hatsan has at least 3 types of mag tube thread set ups
    our mag tube is set where there is no gap at the end of the threads

if it looks like this your good
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=hatsa...9UcHrBUKSyM%3A

if it looks like this its a no go
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=hatsa...BsWCxzLPWMM%3A

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll have to wait until the shotgun arrives (probably early next week), and I'll confirm that the threads match.

Just wanted to circle back on this and thank you for the answers...

By the time the shotgun got delivered, I was a couple days off from taking off to North Ontario on a fishing/camping trip. Just got back last night and put the order in this morning,decided to add a fancy muzzle break for my AR as well, because hey, why not?

Just mentioning all this, because I think it's important to acknowledge the dealers who pay attention to the forums and take the time to answer questions - it makes a difference, and it's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    Just wanted to circle back on this and thank you for the answers...

By the time the shotgun got delivered, I was a couple days off from taking off to North Ontario on a fishing/camping trip. Just got back last night and put the order in this morning,decided to add a fancy muzzle break for my AR as well, because hey, why not?

Just mentioning all this, because I think it's important to acknowledge the dealers who pay attention to the forums and take the time to answer questions - it makes a difference, and it's much appreciated.
    Thank you very much.
    We. Are all shooter here.
    If f0r any reas0n it does not fit
    Send it back
    S&J

CGN Regular
    You had stock in these?

I gave up and bought an inferior product elsewhere after watching the page for IDK how long. Any more expected in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootski View Post
    You had stock in these?

I gave up and bought an inferior product elsewhere after watching the page for IDK how long. Any more expected in the future?
    the MPA mag tubes?

swe did a run of them in may I think , the issues is that the hatsan mag threads are all over the place its seems to be a try it and see if it works on your gun, the threading is not the issues its the lack of any standard that Hatsan seems to keep.
    Love the gun, but don't seem to have this issues with the other guns made in Turkey.
    bbb

Works like a charm.

Installed a few weeks ago, no issues. I've had it to the range a few times, runs like a clock. This afternoon I dressed it up a bit to get it to (almost) match it's 3 gun buddy:

Here's pics of it from the left, right, and with it's lil' buddy.