Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: New SKS Stock Arriving in 4 weeks!

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    I think the lack of ar mags makes it not a winner in my books. It's just a very expensive sks stock. If it had a built in drop free mag release On the right side like an ar and took xcr 10 round mags it would definitely be a winner. The biggest problem with the sks is the magazine is too far forward from the trigger, so you have to break grip and shift your hands around to get the mag out and load in the next, can't do a support hand quick manipulation of the rifle while keeping the rifle shouldered and on target. Something like this with integrated ar mag well and easily accessible mag release with trigger finger would be the missing link. You'd have a cheap (relatively) tacticool modern looking rifle, that shoots dirt cheap ammo, and is comlpletely customizable and reliable for well under $1000, could use it for plinking, hunting 3 gun etc
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by a0jc View Post
    What's the weight?

Also how easy is it to remove the gas tube? Trigger unit? Basically, do you have to disassemble everything to clean it?
    What's the weight? 960 GRAMS, 2.1 LBS, WITHOUT BUTTSTOCK & GRIP

Also how easy is it to remove the gas tube? 4 SCREWS, 30 SECONDS
    Trigger unit? REMOVE THE GRIP, 1 SCREW, 10 SECONDS
    Basically, do you have to disassemble everything to clean it? THE DUST COVER & BOLT WILL COME OFF WITH THE RIFLE IN PLACE
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Will it work with tech sights rear peep sights?

It's a great looking stock and certainly a nicer option to the other out there IMO, but I have to agree with the other posters about the mags. Kind of a bummer.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Yes, we have had these customized to fit the Wartak rail. More pics with the rail installed posting tomorrow, when its finished!
    With the wartak rail it would look good, the LER scope looks retarded.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Ironically I find SKS's taking up most of my budget lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    as soon i saw that thing this morning it remembered me of a post i started 2 year ago , because of the lack of $$ had to put the thing on standby , maybe someone was inspired ....

this frame dont look bad
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Any future thought to machine the stock to accept the AR mag adapter?

The kit is a chassis only, But we have the ATI pistol grip, Buffer tube & Buttstock with cheek riser combo for $99 available with these stocks, or make your own setup with any AR Stock & grip.

Tan combo kit, $99

Black Combo kit, $99

Kit installed
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    What's the weight? 960 GRAMS, 2.1 LBS, WITHOUT BUTTSTOCK & GRIP

Also how easy is it to remove the gas tube? 4 SCREWS, 30 SECONDS
    Trigger unit? REMOVE THE GRIP, 1 SCREW, 10 SECONDS
    Basically, do you have to disassemble everything to clean it? THE DUST COVER & BOLT WILL COME OFF WITH THE RIFLE IN PLACE
    Not going to lie, I'm still disappointed. Don't take this the wrong way, you still have a really cool product here and I'm sure you'll sell lots. But I'm still waiting for the day someone makes a practical modern SKS stock. I'm fully aware I don't have the stock so I'm basing my opinions purely on observation and my personal preferences. My issues are:

You turned a 8.5lbs rifle into 10lbs rifle with the stock, buttstock and grip. The SKS is already and always will be front heavy due to the nature of it's design and pistol grip stocks make this more obvious. This is because center of balance shifts way forward front of your hand making the gun feel heavier than it actually is because of poor weight distribution. Weight isn't bad so long as the weight is balanced. That's why the original stock can feel lighter because the weight is better balanced. More apparent if you remove the bayonet. So this stock is not only heavy, it's more front heavy. Not fun off hand.

One of the greatest benefit of having a military designed rifle is the ease of maintenance and takedown. It's great you can remove the grip and gas tube that fast but now I have several loose screws and I'm carrying a screw driver with me. 40 seconds is nice, but that's almost 5 times slower than the original tooless design. Now the time doesn't bother me but out in the woods or at the range and you have no tools, the tooless design is a blessing. Not having to remove everything to clean the gun is great though.

The SKS is never gonna be a modern rifle but it's basic design is pretty genius stuff the way everything just works together. Unfortunately every stock takes these features away.

Here are some suggestions that I would like to see. I'm fully aware I don't have the stock so I'm basing my suggestions purely on observation and my personal preferences.
    1) Keymod or make the rails removable. Give the option of making the rifle light as possible, custom rail length options and give a no rail option.
    2) Try to make the front of the stock as light as possible.
    3) Instead of the top handguard rail being screwed on, hinge it? Like the way an AR opens. Not only would it keep loose parts and tools minimal, you can give an easy option for users to get different top rail lengths.
    4) The mag well thing. Removing this part to reduce weight and give it a more MK-47 type look. If not, it's fine.
    5) Remove serrations on the back part of chassis. They make the rifle look like a toy gun. If you can make it that slim, do it to reduce weight and profile. The way it tapers at the trigger unit is great. Love that. Functional has a cool on it's own.
    6) If you're going to put a hump on the back of the chassis, make it functional and not just a chunk of metal. Drill and tap some holes to allow scope rails. Make the hump an arc to reduce weight and shape a polymer plug that will fit through this arc so it acts as the gap filler. There is a way to shape the plug that you can push it back and remove the dust cover without the plug having to be removed from the chassis. That is if you keep the current height of the AR buffer tube.
    7) Allow removal of the trigger guard without removing grip. Design a space to allow access to the tab. If not, then make the grip removable without tools.

If you can do that this, chassis would be near perfect.