Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Quest: Getting My PAL!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    Hi good fellows! I will officially begin applying for my PAL today! You guys have no idea how hard this decision came to. Well the decision is easy, but convincing my other half is the difficult part, mission-impossible difficulty if I may.

After days of negotiation (weeks if I include the dinner table probing talks), my fiancée finally agreed to let me proceed getting my PAL last night! Her concern was that because we're planning to have a baby in a few years, she doesn't want them hurt by firearm mishaps at home. She felt better when I told her a gun safe is required for gun owners; she thought firearms are stored under beds and/or in closets with ammunition.

So since I live in Delta, BC, I’m going to take the CFSC/CRFSC at Silvercore, and I do have a few questions:

1. Is Silvercore a good place for the Safety Courses? Do you guys recommend it? I did some online homework and they look professional and fun. Has anyone here taken courses offered by Silvercore? How was it?
    2. Do I only have to bring government issued IDs and writing material to the courses? I spoke on the phone with a nice lady, Amber, from Silvercore, and that’s all I’m told to bring. Just want to make sure because I don’t want to miss bringing anything to the courses.
    3. How should I prepare for the courses? Should I pre-study? And if so, where can I find the material? I found some guides on the internet, but they’re a few years old, are these still the material taught today?
    4. Are the exams difficult? Besides what’s learned from the two day course, are there additional material I should study? If I do not pass the exams, do I have to do the courses all over again?
    5. I’ll be going to the courses next weekend, what should I do in the meantime?

Thank you guys for reading, that’s all the questions I have for now. If you have the time and knowledge, please help answer a few of my noob questions? Thanks in advance!
    good luck bro...have fun and enjoy the course ...lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad to see so much enthusiasm! Don't worry about offending anyone with your normal comments, we are big boys.
    I would love to see someone show up at the range I go to, wearing an old Russian army uniform.

Still alive - Thank you, will do now! And a read up on external sear, got it, many thanks sir!

j2kool - Did the course a few months back, loved it and the guys there! Got my card and now looking for my first purchase!

Robert Nicholson - Thank you Robert, had always been a war buff since I was small (elementary school). Now I can own a piece of history, how cool is that?! I live in Delta, BC, would be wearing just that soon! Are you from Okanogan? It's beautiful there, been there, loved it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    Still alive - Thank you, will do now! And a read up on external sear, got it, many thanks sir!

j2kool - Did the course a few months back, loved it and the guys there! Got my card and now looking for my first purchase!

Robert Nicholson - Thank you Robert, had always been a war buff since I was small (elementary school). Now I can own a piece of history, how cool is that?! I live in Delta, BC, would be wearing just that soon! Are you from Okanogan? It's beautiful there, been there, loved it!
    Yes, I'm in the Okanogan where it is pleasant most of the time. Are you going to get a .22 for training on (if you are inexperienced) first? Your wife will
    need to shoot .22 at first in order to enjoy shooting. The Mosin is for experienced shooters who get a kick out of being kicked by their rifle.
    Please come and post some questions or add your opinions to some of the disscussions in the Red Rifle forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nicholson View Post

Yes, I'm in the Okanogan where it is pleasant most of the time. Are you going to get a .22 for training on (if you are inexperienced) first? Your wife will
    need to shoot .22 at first in order to enjoy shooting. The Mosin is for experienced shooters who get a kick out of being kicked by their rifle.
    Please come and post some questions or add your opinions to some of the disscussions in the Red Rifle forum.
    Hi Robert, yes a .22 is on my list too, but for my wife. I'm the kind you mentioned who liked being kicked by my rifle, but I'm not experienced Oh and an honor to join you in the Red Rifles section!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456