Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T97 NSR Sight Question

Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    I think I would have run my T97 as a strictly irons gun if it looked "better" - ie more FAMAS like, and had a diopter set that did not run counter to how they normally are. A pin hole for 100 seems asinine.
    Rather than using the rear sights for range, I figured I'd just do what I do for my AR - Zero it for 300 and then never touch it again. Just choose the aperture size that is most comfortable.

There seemed to be some nice aftermarket rails made by a Chinese company but from what I can tell they never went into actual production. Too bad, they looked nice! I preferred the one that keeps the original silhouette myself. Best thing is they look like drop-in parts, no modification required.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidmonkey View Post
    get a T97 FTU and ignore the ####ty iron sights. FTU makes the T97 a very fun to use firearm. Now just to fix the mag release and safety and BAM
    And add a feed ramp to fix the FTF issues, make the magwell to spec to actually fit ALL AR15 mags properly, don't overdrill the gas ports.....lol
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    And add a feed ramp to fix the FTF issues, make the magwell to spec to actually fit ALL AR15 mags properly, don't overdrill the gas ports.....lol

I've never had issues with my feed ramp, or magazines... And I don't even know what you're talking about with the gas ports.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    I've never had issues with my feed ramp, or magazines... And I don't even know what you're talking about with the gas ports.
    I guess you missed the gas port holes that were drilled too deep, into the lower part of the rifling through the chrome plating....I think it was officially called "the gouge".
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I guess you missed the gas port holes that were drilled too deep, into the lower part of the rifling through the chrome plating....I think it was officially called "the gouge".

Oh on the first batch. Those were replaced

Yeah I got a 14xx serial number and it was completely reliable, and the barrel looked good. The safety and mag release I could live with, the sights were what got me, especially once I saw the original sight design was perfectly fine.

Yeah mines 14xxxx too

The safety is about to be fixed by my LHG. Mag release I don't mind. And factory sights worked for the couple weeks I had em before I got the FTU.

EMEI contracted guns... are not the same as the ones used by their Military or Police. North Sylva contracted these out to their own specs obviously, with cost cutting in mind. Even the Cambodian Military export models are made at a much better quality.

North Sylva contracted these out to their own specs obviously, with cost cutting in mind.
    This is something I want clarified, because the T97As that were made prohib seem to have the proper sights, then the sample models of the T97NSR that North Sylva passed around seem to have the proper sights, so what happened to the production version? Did EMEI pull a fast one?

CGN Regular
    I already forward the question to my friend in EMEI R&D, let's see what he will say.

I myself notice the same problem as well after I ordered a QBZ95 RIS system, and I notice a piece of the RIS system can not be installed becaused the front sight of 97 has a different shape compare to QBZ95.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast