Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Kelowna M14 Clinic Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - Debrief here!

It was great to finally meet Barney and get together with other M14 enthusiasts at the first Kelowna M14 clinic.

And a big thank you to GUB for hosting this course!

It was a ton of fun learning to tweak and tune an M14 and I can't wait till I can attend an advanced M14 clinic and take it to the next level. Barney, the next time I'll be looking to bring my Garand along as well and hopefully we can re-barrel it.

Like all good things the clinic came and went far too quickly. But I had a great day and enjoyed Barneys stories. I'm glad I could make it.

Cheers,

Ted

I indeed concur, it was great to meet Barney and everyone else! Was a great clinic with lots of learning and some great stories. Of course a BIG thanks to GUB for hosting. Hopefully meet again some day. Happy Shooting Ron, BTW JUST IN will not be getting my vote!
    Last edited by rb2; 09-25-2015 at 05:07 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I sent a course followup debrief to the Joe Rich club exec. Letting them know what a great group of guy's attended the first Kelowna course.
    And starting to get members thinking about Barney's courses for next year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    The master? You have me mistaken for the true knowledgeable master, 45acpking! He knows tons more than I will ever learn about this platform.

I just happen to truly love road trips and meeting all of you out west here!

Cooling my heels here in my motel room sanctuary! What an awesome day, surrounded by M14 lovers willing to learn anything new! I'm loving it!

Happiness is : Doing what you love combined with doing what you do well combined with the community building the world needs!

Life does not get any better. For those of you who drove near and from afar, I salute you!

So what's your take away concepts?

What was your AHA moment?

What was your "Holy Poop" moment ?

cheers and warmest regards,

Barney
    Wow, I am most certainly not worthy of that kind of praise...
    Glad you made it out west hehehe perhaps next year I'll sneak into one of the clinics incognito mruhahaha
    Keep on helpin the noobs man life is taking me away from my hobbies too much these days to do clinics n things. Good to see yo keepin it going

Hope all you M14 nuts soaked it all in
    Cheers fellas.

I just got back from the range, first time out since the clinic. I am extremely pleased with the performance of my Norc rifle. I replaced the rear sight with a match sight and changed the guide rod. I am very happy with the results. I would like to replace the front sight with a thinner match type as the target was mostly covered at 100 meters but damn I couldn't be happier with the results. I enjoy shooting with the iron sights vs a scope and I was putting cheap Norc ammo in an 8 inch group at 100 which works for me. That's about as far as I can see anyway. Thanks Barney for your guidance. Hopefully with a narrower front sight I can do better.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptalmey View Post
    I just got back from the range, first time out since the clinic. I am extremely pleased with the performance of my Norc rifle. I replaced the rear sight with a match sight and changed the guide rod. I am very happy with the results. I would like to replace the front sight with a thinner match type as the target was mostly covered at 100 meters but damn I couldn't be happier with the results. I enjoy shooting with the iron sights vs a scope and I was putting cheap Norc ammo in an 8 inch group at 100 which works for me. That's about as far as I can see anyway. Thanks Barney for your guidance. Hopefully with a narrower front sight I can do better.
    One of my favourite cheap fixes was to take a spare front sight (assuming we are shooting a 22" M14) and file it down from the thickness of a nickel (80 thou give or take) down to the thickness of a dime (62 thou give or take). Watch your file strokes and ensure your 8" fine bastard/file is able to keep the forward edge of the sight post narrower that the rear edge of the sight post. Have a look, you will see that the rear is thicker than the front, or it should be if the high school shop class did their job right!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    AAAhh Yes!!! The UBC and PPCLI stories . Barney was definetly a Wild Child..... Plus we got the in's and outs of the M-14 rifle. Well worth it...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456