Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Snipers

Mosin Snipers

What can you tell us about their providence?

Do you offer more than one grade (authentic refurb / reproduction)?
    Last edited by Divermike; 08-03-2015 at 01:55 PM.

The reproductions are only made at the dealer level, by Westrifle, Corwin-arms and P&S Militaria.

The recent imports were from Tulsky (Tula) in Russia. They're authentic refurbished wartime sniper rifles.

CGN Regular
    They are as authentic as the Russian worker assembling them in 2012 and 2013. If you want Mosin Sniper confirmed as real just send a letter to Russian Ministry of Defence to confirm that they decommissioned that gun and released it to civilian market. They do keep the records and since it is not any advanced technology they will write back to you. Takes about 3 months. When it comes to guns they did keep good records

Quote Originally Posted by wojnar View Post
    They are as authentic as the Russian worker assembling them in 2012 and 2013. If you want Mosin Sniper confirmed as real just send a letter to Russian Ministry of Defence to confirm that they decommissioned that gun and released it to civilian market. They do keep the records and since it is not any advanced technology they will write back to you. Takes about 3 months. When it comes to guns they did keep good records
    Please don't listen to this drivel. A couple users on here have made it their mission to spread misinformation about these rifles because they are friends with / work for people who make reproductions.

Many serious collectors from all over the world in Canada, Ukraine, USA and even Russia have confirmed numerous times that these are authentic rifles from deep storage. Some of them even have scopes dated in the 1960s when they were refurbished. The Tulsky and Molot snipers are 100% authentic and anyone who questions it actually doesn't know what they're talking about. Serial numbers are all within range and many are sniper marked. Sign up on gunboards and ask the serious collectors if the Tulsky and Molot snipers are authentic and you'll get the same answer I've just given you. A few non-refurbished original examples even made it through (1944 Tulas, 1946+ Izhevsk).
    Last edited by bp2626; 08-19-2015 at 05:40 AM.

I agree with bp2626 though I cannot say why the naysayers are so negative.

Faked Mosin 91/30 snipers appear to be a big problem in the USA but the situation is not nearly as bad here in Canada as we are able to import originals easily. I have owned six Mosin 91/30 snipers (5 arsenal refurbished, 1 all original) and three SVT-40 snipers (two factory sniper notch, one field sniper notch). All were original. I sold an original Izhevsk 91/30 sniper to a former army sniper. He had a clone version which did not shoot well. The Mosin I sold him was dead on and he is very happy with it. I did extensive research on these and other sniper rifles. The refurb work was done by Soviet arsenals stockpiling weapons for the next revolution or war that they planned to start. Now they are obsolete, surplus and they want the cash. All Molot does is box them up and provide a mini-manual with certificate in the back showing that this rifle SN left Russia with this SN scope. If you have or buy one, keep the manual! It is very important with the certificate, just as important as the American Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) certificates of authenticity are in the USA for M1D sniper rifles in particular.

So who has these authentic beauties available?

Quote Originally Posted by NilRecurring View Post
    Plz....I've been looking for one also.....

I was pleasantly surprised to find one in the Canadian Tire in Whitecourt of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by NilRecurring View Post
    Canadian Tire and P&S Militaria.

Quote Originally Posted by bp2626 View Post
    Canadian Tire and P&S Militaria.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast