Page 1 of 22 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR - Barrels - Start of Aug Update.

Non-Restricted ACR - Barrels - Start of Aug Update.

Hello NR ACR Customers,

I started to write this today.... and most of it got eclipsed by the end of the typing, I'm posting it anyway, latest info at the bottom!

I have an update to the Non-resticted ACR barrel project. We had a meeting with the barrel manufacturer the end of last week, some good news on the barrel spec itself, not such good news on time. I went in hoping to hear our barrels were shipping. They announced that they had cut new prototypes which spent last week with QC, and that production barrels had been pushed to this week, this means two more weeks to deliver us the barrels. That time takes into account phosphate, chrome lining and QC.

For the rifles, our timeline post-receipt of barrels hasn't changed. We have all the rifles already. One week to assemble and test fire, one week to ship to Canada. So, that's a month to have the rifles here.

Why two more weeks? Its a reasonable question, and I certainly asked. The answer, our order (and everyone else's) was pushed out of schedule for extra production for a company we all know, and who happens to be the majority owner of the barrel works (want barrels on time? buy the factory). They said sorry.

Some new information to share from the meeting, the barrels will not have M203 cuts. The first production run was almost cut as the carbine ACR, with the M203 cuts ahead of the gas block. I didn't want that, and I don't think I'm alone. Due to the push, no M203 cuts. Final profile being cut (now? I just called to ask, hoping to say it while typing this reply, left a message) is straight .750 from the gas block to the threaded muzzle.

In the end, if our barrels ship the end of next week, the NR ACR rifles will arrive in 4 weeks.

In the past few days I have spoken to or exchanged emails with a fair percentage of those who ordered purchased the Enhanced ACR pre-sale. I have to say, I really like our customers. The majority of you seem to understand this industry very well.

While it sucks to wait for anything, 4 weeks out on a custom barrel project for a major manufacturer, from initial engineering through two rounds of prototypes, real QC, then final production run and finish within 16 weeks might be considered not bad. I only mention this as one person suggested that they hoped I tore a strip off our barrel rep because of this delay. I can tell you I tore a strip off no one. No one likes to tell a customer that something is going to take longer than expected, I don't like it either. The manufacturer asked to me pass on their apologies, and I have. That we are getting these barrels in this quantity produced at all by a factory running three shifts a day who normally take orders of 10K barrels is largely down to friendship, previous work, and other affiliations. These guys are known for making accurate barrels, and I am happy that they are making ours.

For those that we haven't spoken to, that is the update as of today, Monday, Aug 3. If you want to talk to me about it, please feel free to call or email with questions, concerns or queries.
    Then, before I hit post, I call the manufacturer once more, get our rep, and he tells me...:

-the Steel barrels are being turned RIGHT NOW, will be finished today then to to chromers. May be back this week, might be early next.

-The SS barrels are right behind the CMV, will start this evening and will be finished tomorrow. The SS may ship first, and won't be held up waiting for the chrome on the CMV.

-They are sending a unphosphated CMV barrel sample to us tomorrow for our examination and pictures.

So there you go. THAT is the freshest update as of today Aug 3, 2015! Sorry for the wait. We look forward to shipping rifles ASAP.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Any idea of the cost on these barrels?
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Fantastic news!!
    |CCFR|

I think your customers are great because you guys have great customer service, I don't think I have waited longer than an hour for a email back. You guys are awesome. I see you getting more of my dollars in the future haha.

can we preorder the Acr barrel alone ?

Good to hear AE & keep up the good work.

Now if only the RCMP would be so forthcoming with info regarding the outstanding FRT numbers.....
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

I don't think I have waited longer than an hour for a email back.
    Lucky you.
    Ive never got an email back, period.
    They come on the forums once a month by the looks of it.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Lucky you.
    Ive never got an email back, period.
    They come on the forums once a month by the looks of it.
    Email or PM? They have always specified email as preferred method of contact if looking for a quick reply in which case it has nothing to do with how often they are on the forum.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Agreed. I contact the business. Not by using a Internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    Email or PM? They have always specified email as preferred method of contact if looking for a quick reply in which case it has nothing to do with how often they are on the forum.
    email.
    3 times.
    I'm a previous customer, have to call to get a response. If you are going to be a sponsor it wouldn't hurt to visit once a day and provide feedback, not unlike a dozen other sponsors on CGN do.

I'll try calling them this week, just want a price on the NR barrels before I go to a local smith to convert my ACR.
    Don't feel like waiting for months though.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Page 1 of 22 1234567891121 ... LastLast