Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasp 223/556 issues!

CGN Regular

Wasp 223/556 issues!

Hi everyone, has anyone has any issues with the wasp reloads? I have issues when trying to manually eject the round after dropping the magazine. Tried norinco brass and steel, American eagle, Remington, and everything else functions as expected. Looking to hear others feedback - maybe bad batch of brass

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    This is high quality stuff. I'm sure it's just a bad round

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    This is high quality stuff. I'm sure it's just a bad round
    ive gone through 2 boxes so far --- 100 rnds
    we've clean and relubed the gun twice between 2 different range trips, had 2 guys at CSC take a peak at the gun to determine the same thing --- ammo

any other suggestions?

CGN Regular
    Buy different ammo

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondhaynes View Post
    Buy different ammo
    clever. correct. need to remedy the 900 rounds i have

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    clever. correct. need to remedy the 900 rounds i have
    We will make this right for you - don't worry about that! I will contact you shortly. We're always interested in hearing feedback though - feel free to continue the thread!

That sucks. I've ran about 500 rounds with not a single issue.
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    Going to get a bit more methodical here. So I've degreased, cleaned, relubed the ddmk18. I managed to save 6 rounds from the box of the last go around where they failed to manually eject once the mag was dropped, I am hoping to allow wasp to inspect these themselves. I've also saves 6 norinco (brass case) from the box that worked fine. I am going to open one more box of the wasp and see if I continue to get the problem ($25 dice roll). I am going to open a new box of norinco and do the same. I plan to save all the spent brass to examine afterward.

Kate has graciously offered to store credit the unopened wasp boxes I have, unfortunately I think only half was kept in boxes. I think I will attempt to get several different brands from her and continue the experiment. My friend has the same rifle (dd mk18) and I want to run through the different brands concurrently from the same box. This should give us access to enough data to determine if it is the rifle or brand. We also have access to several magazines to rule out that issue. The results might take a few weeks as the only day I might be able to get there is sat and there are some holidays to plana range day around.

I hope that the above will satisfy those curious, as well as allow wasp to respond with more data

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    That sucks. I've ran about 500 rounds with not a single issue.
    It's bizarre, they fire fine, eject fine, etc. The only issue is one in the chamber, drop mag, try to mannually eject last round and its binded, like no movement on the charging handle. Have to fire last round to eject it (did not try mortar technique), and it works fine.

Sounds almost like your chamber is cut short, or the brasses shoulder wasn't quite bumped enough in sizing. I had the same happen to me with an XCR-M with my hand loads. Except it wouldn't quite go into battery usually when the bolt would get stuck. I switched dies and never looked back. Maybe toss those rounds into a head space guage, also do the same with your chamber.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast