Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DA556 20" barrel question

Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Actually if you check, you'll find that if it is registered as a rifle it will have the barrel length listed. Or if it is a lower and you put an upper on it. Again, I'm working from memory, but I believe it states somewhere that any and all changes must be reported within 30 days, and the cert updated. I know guys that have different slides. I also know guys that have 3 or 4 uppers for their AR with different barrel lengths. They change them out at the range and shoot them, then change them back to what is on the registration for transport/storage. But you were not talking about changing uppers, but a permanent change of barrel length on the upper that comes with the rifle.
    You are the second person to tell me this.

Basically I can shot 9mm, .22lr, and .40cal with my Sig pistol. But I have to put back the .22lr kit on the gun before transporting or storing it. And not doing so is punishable by up to 2 years in jail on first conviction. Yet this does absolutely nothing to protect anyone from anything and there are absolutely no victims resulting from it.

This is a ridiculous retarded law. And it deserves to be ignored.
    Whoever came up with it needs to be used as target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post
    You are the second person to tell me this.

Basically I can shot 9mm, .22lr, and .40cal with my Sig pistol. But I have to put back the .22lr kit on the gun before transporting or storing it. And not doing so is punishable by up to 2 years in jail on first conviction. Yet this does absolutely nothing to protect anyone from anything and there are absolutely no victims resulting from it.

This is a ridiculous retarded law. And it deserves to be ignored.
    Whoever came up with it needs to be used as target practice.
    How does it end up working if your rifle is built off a stripped lower?

CGN Regular
    Yeah I did check them out. And it is precisely what I am looking for. But the web site states China as the manufacturer. Wanting to know who is the manufacturer and knowing that China is not it, I called them.

They pretty much refused to tell me who the manufacturer is. They kept repeating that it's made in China. And when I kept on pushing for an answer, the guy told me it's marketed by a company (don't remember the name).

So they list the country of origin as the manufacturer. And they than list the marketer as the manufacturer?
    It's kinda weird and not a behavior I trust in a gun dealer. He was acting as if it was a crappy shameful manufacturer. So shameful that he couldn't bring himself to tell me who it is.

I just had a bad feeling about it and I'll just buy the 14.5 inch barreled one from CanadaAmmo.
    The rifle's manufacturer is one of several firearms manufacturers in China with Chinese names and designations that won't mean much to us. Companies such as Norinco simply market these firearms under one brand even though they may be made in unrelated facilities. This has been stated here on CGN many times.

It is very likely that Canada Ammo has their own relationship with these factories and so sells firearms under the Dominion Arms label, while Lever likely does something very similar which is why they are not forthcoming about the source and their guns simply say "imported by Lever Arms". I would not be surprised at all to learn they all come from exactly the same factory made to specifications. Take a look at the instruction booklets you get with these Chinese ARs.....

That being said you made a better choice, I think, in buying from CanAm.... I haven't had any actual "problems" with them and still shop there, but Lever is an "old school" gun store in the uncomplimentary sense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The fixed handle upper ARs can mount a scope if you add a cheap adaptor. People have been doing it for 40 years. Futong sells them.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    The fixed handle upper ARs can mount a scope if you add a cheap adaptor. People have been doing it for 40 years. Futong sells them.
    Scopes like a Burris AR 332 (3x) or 536 (5x) can be mounted directly to the carry handle without an adapter. You can also do this with an ACOG but that's not worthy of discussion when talking about a Norinco.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock_Time View Post
    The rifle's manufacturer is one of several firearms manufacturers in China with Chinese names and designations that won't mean much to us.
    It does mean a great deal to me. I did spend some time in Asian lately. And one thing I found out is that the Chinese have made it an art to copy everyone else and make cheap clones of everything. You can buy a Galaxy S5 or S6 in the Philipinnes for under 100$ on the street. But if it looks like a the real one, it barely can keep the time, much less make a call. Same goes for brand name jeans and jewelry, and a multitude of other things.

I just have come to distrust any China manufacturer, especially the 'un-named' or 'unknown' ones.
    Norinco and Dominion Arms did start really crappy and took a while to get their quality up to par. And I already did buy a Dominion Arms lemon in the Grizzly Mag 12 gauge gun. So I now get very careful with anything from China.

BTW, might you be interested in a Galaxy S5 for a real good price? Still in the box, brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    You can also do this with an ACOG but that's not worthy of discussion when talking about a Norinco.
    Well, I had my heart set on a flat top AR. Already bought the scope for it too.

Why do you think ACOG are not worth the discussion on a DA gun?
    From what reviews I read the DA556 is pretty much as good as the next one. Except for some tooling marks and a few things not being completely up to mil spec

Speak uour mind now before I spend the money for it please.

Well, I had my heart set on a flat top AR. Already bought the scope for it too.

Why do you think ACOG are not worth the discussion on a DA gun?
    From what reviews I read the DA556 is pretty much as good as the next one. Except for some tooling marks and a few things not being completely up to mil spec

Speak uour mind now before I spend the money for it please.
    I own two DA 556 rifles, one 14.5" and the 20" version you're asking about and they both shoot very well so I have nothing bad to say about them. I just wouldn't purchase a $1250 ACOG to put on my $500 Norinco. If I had the money for an ACOG I could afford to put it on a better rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Norinco sells guns to actual militaries.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

the one listed at the other place has a detachable carry handle, and a heavier profile barrel than the one from canadaammo. looking at the receiver markings i would say its norinco. the "safe, semi" that is electro penciled into the receiver is identical, and cqa is what norinco calls their ARs.
    Last edited by CanAm; 08-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast