Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: China Currency!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    A weak dollar helps producers and hurts consumers. It is yet another subsidy to the few manufacturers and their employees.
    OK you have a point. But now you can push them harder in your negotiations. There is no point in devaluing the currency if the factory is not going to pass the savings

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    China undervalues it's own dollar on purpose to ensure that the US continues to depend on it to produce it's imperial football fields of Wal-Mart crap.
    They do it on purpose to make it an export market. Which is what China is. It's power is in producing dirt cheap goods and exporting them to us consumer mad North Americans.
    Their low dollar becomes all the more appealing to us North Americans to spend billions more to buy everything they're selling while it's "cheaper".
    It makes no difference to them in the end when they are running an almost zero overhead on production of goods using slave labour, prison labour etc to produce said materials lol
    It also serves to deter any Chinese companies from importing anything bought at US currencies be it goods or parts etc
    Very very crafty those Chinamen.....
    you know why the Chinese sell cheap junk?

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    OK you have a point. But now you can push them harder in your negotiations. There is no point in devaluing the currency if the factory is not going to pass the savings
    Above is why.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below is what china is capable of making, some how I feel it's more technologically advanced then most of the "china junk" we buy here?
    for those you don't know watches, these are seagull dual axis tourbillon of their own design. Walmart enough for ya(sarcasm)?

Last edited by Familygunnutz; 08-11-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Please take this into OT unless it concern our business directly.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Below is what china is capable of making, some how I feel it's more technologically advanced (sarcasm)then most of the "china junk" we buy here?
    for those you don't know watches, these are seagull dual axis tourbillon of their own design. Walmart enough for ya?
    And every Apple product but the Mac Pro. As long as you're on your QA/QC game, China can produce as good of products as we can.

There's also a reason China isn't partner to the TPP talks. Half of the market manipulation #### they play would be banned. I question the value of TPP without China, but that's a different conversation.

The 2% will help, but it won't offset the bigger change caused by a weak Canadian dollar. Notwithstanding any currency shifts, the value on any of the Dominion Arms products is out of this world.

China produces "cheap junk" because foreigners pay them as little as possible to get it made. Everyone is trying to save $$$.

China CAN produce quality goods if people were willing to pay more for it. Amazing how people expect to pay next to nothing but expect quality stuff.

You get what you pay for. If you want better quality then pay more than just pennies per unit.

I for one love all the cheap Chinese stuff CanAm brings in and will continue to buy it cuz of it's good value. The Norcs I have are amazing for the money. Just wish we had that surplus ammo again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Please take this into OT unless it concern our business directly.
    Well,,, it started as a positive note that China devalued its dollar to increase exports and bolster their economy,, then it turned into this discussion, obviously if someone does not pass on the savings then their attempt will fail!
    My apologies if we were out of line!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    They don't have their own dollar. It is Yuan btw.
    If you're trying to be a real smart ass then their currency is actually called the Reminbi, not Yuan; the Yuan is the base unit of the currency.

Edit: fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Houston View Post
    If you're trying to be a real smart ass then their currency is actually called the Reminbi, not Yuan; the Yuan is the base unit of the currency.

Edit: fixed typo
    Not trying to be. I knew that but Yuan is what people generally used. Btw, it is Renminbi.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Aye, my autocorrect is not very intelligent *shakes his head*

Quote Originally Posted by Lastgun View Post
    You wait and see what a loonie will be worth on the world market if the ndp get in this fall...The thing won't be worth a pinch of loon shyte.
    What he said

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast