Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Law Tactical Folding Stock Adaptor

Neat - but since it won't fire until closed anyway I think for that price an XCR will give better function if someone wants a foldiong stock. That is a pretty cool product though.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by platnumbob View Post
    Neat - but since it won't fire until closed anyway I think for that price an XCR will give better function if someone wants a foldiong stock. That is a pretty cool product though.
    IIRC, it will fire...and wreck the gun in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer filler View Post
    IIRC, it will fire...and wreck the gun in doing so.
    Ouch!
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    The "close before firing" made me laugh though
    It is able to fire one shot while open, in and emergency situation, however they don't recommend it.

After doing so they suggest replacing one of the parts when possible.

I think for that price an XCR will give better function if someone wants a foldiong stock.
    Some clients don't have the option of using an XCR
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I love this thing already and I haven't even handled one yet. I wish it were more affordable. Maybe the cost comes from a required and included bolt carrier or other parts?

That would help easy the sticker shock.

Also, I wonder how long till someone posts a video of some DIY dentistry via aiming with the stock folded...

A major parts dealer in USA has it for US269.99. With the exchange rate + shipping etc comes to similar price level, if not more... Still too much for my taste though...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I love this thing already and I haven't even handled one yet. I wish it were more affordable. Maybe the cost comes from a required and included bolt carrier or other parts?

That would help easy the sticker shock.

Also, I wonder how long till someone posts a video of some DIY dentistry via aiming with the stock folded...
    The cost comes from the low dollar, and this is the Gen 3 model, some very good improvements from the Gen 2 model, the BC extension just "snaps" in instead of the Gen 2 which used an expanding screw. Its well made and comes from a guy who was a USSSCST member. It works well and if you need a compact "discreet" way to transport your AR it's G2G.
    Last edited by mildot; 08-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

^Right. So for $400 you will be able to fold your AR15 stock, and in case of emergency you still can fire it once but then you will need to replace a part. That's pretty much sum it up. It is a $400 device that will help you to transport your AR15 easily. It is the rare factor that makes the high mark up IMHO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    So one of the things that always disappoints me about these discussions is that immediately some folks think that why do I need this? I won't fire my AR with the stock folded? It's too expensive etc.
    What you have to keep in mind is that in the US some people travel with there AR in they vehicle in a back pack, much like some folks there CCW, in that regard it works quite well. If you are using a "discreet" case like a gym bag then this works without splitting your AR apart, and like everything else it's personal preference.
    Last edited by mildot; 01-06-2016 at 10:23 AM.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thump_rrr's Avatar
    I've been looking at this product since the introduction of the Gen 2 which has been quite a while now.
    My only worry is how the BATFE views this product.
    I have a Noveske Afghan which I have registered on my form 6NIA.
    It has a 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded flash hider to bring the barrel length over 16" as per U.S. regs.
    When folded the rifle will be about an inch less than 26" which I fear will get it classified as an SBR.

I have searched for hours and cannot find a clear answer.
    I will not rely on Billy Bobs' interpretation of BATFE rules to keep me out of a federal prison.
    I guess I'll need to write to the BATFE for a written response if I do go that route.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast