Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM5 magazine fed Italian made shotgun on sale Only $759

Expired Business Member

PM5 magazine fed Italian made shotgun on sale Only $759

Yes this wonderful shotguns are now in stock and on sale for $759
    Great shotgun recently an article was printed in caliber magazine .
    Also for those who not familiar with it :

*NON RESTRICTED
    Shotgun, PM-5 rifle was developed by the Italian company Valtro used by various police and military forces, including the French Navy. The PM-5 is almost unique in that it has a removable magazine, the magazine greatly improves the time and the balance of the charge.
    the power system PM-5 is conventional, manually operated. The tube under the barrel serves as a guide for scrolling. The loader 7 rounds, plus one in the chamber.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Gauge: 12 GA
    Barrel Length: 13.5 "
    Overall Length: 35.5"
    Steel pallet test: Yes
    Magazine Capacity: 7+1
    Weight : 3 kg
    Stock: Plastic/Fixed
    Comes with Picatiny rail.
    Shotgun comes with 1 magazine only.
    Additional magazine can be purchase. Limited quantity!

Expired Business Member
    Who wants to do a review for this?

Business Member
    If you send me one, I'll have my shotgun instructor Paul, put it though it's paces and write it up!

Will
    WGT Consulting

You want to send me one I'll do a non bias review for you. I did a three part review on the Dagger SAP6 which turned out to be a very unreliable platform all on YouTube search sap6. Would love a mag fed shotgun but very leary of them now. You send it, I'll test it. If it works with out jamming 80% of the time I'll buy it.

Cheers Dave

I have Thousands of rounds through my pm5. Hands down my favorite shotgun, and the slickest action out of the box that only gets better in time.
    Sig Sauer P226

I also have a valtro pm5. I've had it for about 3 years roughly. Works fine, haven't had any issues with it all.

I had a valtro, jammed on 2 3/4 shells, prefers 3".....
    Considering i shoot mostly short shells i sold it.
    That is a pretty decent price for it though.

I will give my initial impression of the Brixia PM5. The shotgun action is SMOOOOTHE!!!!!! For my body type/shooting style there is very little recoil. Looks like Quality! The receiver is beautifully machined and fit n finish are quite nice. The mags seem well built and rock n lock in nicely.
    Now for the bad; The front sight is too low too be functional. As in it shoots to high with slugs to hit a two foot high target 25 yards away, with the rear sight cranked all the way up. It seems like they forgot the fibre optic on top of the front sight like a Valtro has.
    SO put a red dot on it you say! Well you will need a custom machined adaptor so you can put on an ar stock high enough to see through . With the factory sights it will hit hand thrown clays if you put the target on top of the front sight with #7 birdshot. I didn't buy this shotgun for birdshot unfortunately.
    Now all the reviews of the Valtro rave about the reliability of the magazines but I find the brixia mags are finicky. I think its just a few rough edges that I haven't tried sanding off yet, or may just need more use but with 2 3/4" shells there are hang ups in all four magazines I have .
    I also was interested in the threaded for chokes feature of this shotgun, but that's not much of a feature if there's no chokes available.
    In short this seems like a quality product let down by an incomplete front sight, a magazine that needs a little sandpaper and a dealer that offers anything but a sale.

Sorry last comment was not directed at Westrifle specifically , its just that I have found no chokes or front sights available and no answers as to what may fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast