Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CZ SP-01 Shadow vs Tanfoglio ????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar

CZ SP-01 Shadow vs Tanfoglio ????

So the CZ Shadow seems to be getting a lot of love from the IPSC crowd at my club. I'm thinking about taking the Black Badge course next time it's offered and was wondering....which Tanfoglio would be the direct competitor to the Shadow? I don't really own anything appropriate for IPSC production so i was wondering what my options are.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN frequent flyer
    The Stock 3 or Stock 2. I had 2 Shadows and sold them when I got my hands on the Stock 3. There's a well priced one on the EE right now already set up.

CGN frequent flyer
    Stock 3. Stock 2 is a bit more beefier. Xtremes are like the Supped up versions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Stock 3 is closely matched to the shadow.

I've shot both and prefer the stock 3
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I think the closest is the Stock III. The biggest and most important difference is the trigger which can be a matter of personal taste. The Tangolios feel quite different from the CZs in both double-action and single-action, both in stock form and tweaked.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

Shadow is $895 .....Stock III $1180. Is that a fair comparison?

With HST that is $322 more for me to buy the Stock III. What does that buy me with the Tanfoglio? Not trying to start anything here....just honestly curious about what to buy and how the cost/benefit analysis stacks up.

I can say this, ive had 4 cz shadows (one includes a canadian edition) + a cz75 sa and ive always went back to tanfoglio. They fit my hand like a glove and run like a champ. I found cz's just to small for me.

If u can swing it, get an xtreme stock (2/3) from freedom ventures, u wont regret it
    And if anything "ever" goes bad with the tanfo, the guys at freedom will be there to help u out.

Buy once, cry once

Quote Originally Posted by PharoH View Post
    I can say this, ive had 4 cz shadows (one includes a canadian edition) + a cz75 sa and ive always went back to tanfoglio. They fit my hand like a glove and run like a champ. I found cz's just to small for me.

If u can swing it, get an xtreme stock (2/3) from freedom ventures, u wont regret it
    And if anything "ever" goes bad with the tanfo, the guys at freedom will be there to help u out.

Buy once, cry once

Yes, but other than you liking one more than the other what are the differences? What features/construction advantages makes one better than the other and worth 30% more?

Is the Tanfoglio a better gun and worth the extra cost? If so, why?

Try comparing an SPO1-Shawdowline against a Tanfoglio Stock III, then do the math. I am not sure of the material used on Stock II/III. Stock II/III feels lighter and I am assuming there are alloys involved. Whereas, an SP01-Shadow/Shadowline is heavier. The Shadowline version has all the general upgrades already in. I cannot comment any further against a Stock II/III for I do not have one. I have shot a Stock III few times, and it is as good as my SP01 Shadowline.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Yes, but other than you liking one more than the other what are the differences? What features/construction advantages makes one better than the other and worth 30% more?

Is the Tanfoglio a better gun and worth the extra cost? If so, why?

OP,

When shooting the IPSC production with the Shadow or the Tanfo, at the "load and make ready" command you will be loading the gun with a live round, and lowering down the hammer manually.

I know this will be taught on some of the BB course, but not on all of the courses.

The big question is ... are you going to be comfortable with this? I.e. lowering down the hammer manually with a live round chambered. If the answer is no, then perhaps you should consider firearms with decocker or striker fire system.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    So the CZ Shadow seems to be getting a lot of love from the IPSC crowd at my club. I'm thinking about taking the Black Badge course next time it's offered and was wondering....which Tanfoglio would be the direct competitor to the Shadow? I don't really own anything appropriate for IPSC production so i was wondering what my options are.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast