Thread: DA556 questions

Question DA556 questions

Okay. Will likely be buying thus gun later this week: DA556 Lightweight C8 Style 5.56x45 NATO 14.5" Rifle
    Reviews are mostly positive - an excellent value for the buck.
    But some reviews have stated that the gun is not entirely mill spec. Mostly but not entirely.

Will any AR upper fit on it? Or will I be stuck with the DA uppers for it?
    And will a match grade AR trigger fit on it?

I ask as I would rather have a single registered lower with interchangeable uppers instead of several registered guns.

Mine fits very well with a variety of uppers.
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

Will any AR upper fit on it? Or will I be stuck with the DA uppers for it?
    I have fitted PWS and Sig Sauer upper on it. They all worked flawlessly

And will a match grade AR trigger fit on it?
    My own DA556 has a geissele ssa-e trigger in there and I have shot close to 2k rounds of steel ammo using that trigger without any malfunction at all. Everything works perfectly.

In terms of customization, DA556 is a really good platform. I have spent probably $1500 of gear on it including: muzzle brake, Eotech HWS, magnifier, geissele trigger, pistol grip, ctr stock, ambi charging handle, angled foregrip, sling plate, left-hand mag release and BAD lever. Every one of them fitted on it without any problem.

My DA556 has about 4k rounds through it and hasn't had any malfunction whatsoever. Keep in mind that I fed it the cheapest and dirtiest ammo I could possibly find.

Thanx guys.
    Having problems with the credit card right now.
    As soon as that is sorted out I will order it.

I don't understand it. The guy who sold me that credit card out of a van told me it's a good one?!?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    I have an Aero Precision upper that fits _perfectly_ on my DA556 lower. I emphasize 'perfectly' because it actually fits with less play than the original upper that came with the rifle. Spooky! I suspect that any reasonably decent upper will fit quite well.

Note that the buffer tube on the lower is commercial spec, so milspec stocks won't fit. Aftermarket commercial spec stocks are pretty common, fortunately
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]