Thread: Pal to Rpal help

Pal to Rpal help

Hey guys,

So I searched and couldn't find a clear answer to my question. hoping for a quick solve by someone who has done it.

Looking for a breakdown of procedure to upgrade to the rpal. I assume it would go something like this....

Take course (hopefully just the restricted part!)
    Pass and get results like the NR course i did a couple years ago.
    get my references and send in the application with fee
    28 day waiting period
    jump through hoops and play phone tag til stuff gets done.

Do i need to send my card in with it or do i just get a new one?

Can someone please clarify this for me as I really want to have my Restricted by Christmas this year.

Thanks for the help!!

When you done your course you should have been given an application. All the info you need is there in black and white.

Same as you done before, apparently

No need to send the card...on the app, there's a spot to input your existing PAL number...Besides, if you send your existing card, how do you go shooting or buy guns and ammo in the meantime? otherwise, you have described the process...it's same as the NR process.

thats what i was thinking. Thanks! just booked the course for monday! now hopefully this country votes right so i can use it...

Your doing the same thing I am. my goal is so I can buy a TT-33 cause I am a big fan of the old Russian guns!
    And I am also worried that supply's may dry up already super hard for me to get a SVT-40...
    I already passed my test and got the paper work and got a new passport picture done and paper worked filled out my wife actually did it so I am going to look it though tomorrow make sure all is good and mail it out and see how long it takes this time around.... sigh

Also they changed the prices I think, I recalled it being $40 for Non restricted and $60 for both. now its $60 for just non restricted and $80 for both. and that's the price we are paying for both.
    I wanted to see if they would pro rate or anything special but since I had mine over 3 years they said no full price. it at least works as an early renewal but still sucks.
    But if your maybe under 3 years maybe you should give them a call. by the sounds if things they may do a different price was not dived into with me, but they did not say straight out no either... they said cause I was over 3 years.
    Owner of: Russian SKS, Russian Mosin Nagant, German Mauser 1871/84, H & R topper 16 gauge break action, Stevens 77c 12 gauge pump action, Cooey model 60 bolt action 22,

CGN Regular
    My visa just got charged last wed,was surprised that they only charged me $40 for the RPAL upgrade.
    Still waiting for them to call the missus and my references though.