Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SAM Long Slides

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Here's a picture of the guns that are winging their way to us as I type this. Darn fine looking pistol to be sure.
    If you guy's had these built . Why didn't you get just the top end for the thousands of us that already own a 1911 ???????
    You know like a 22 conversion kit it would be a 45 long slide conversion kit !
    Or are they not a true 1911A1 spec frame ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    If you guy's had these built . Why didn't you get just the top end for the thousands of us that already own a 1911 ???????
    They probably have a longer frame than a 5" govt-style 1911. Commander models have full size frames but the dust cover part of the frame is shorter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    I'd much rather have the whole gun rather than a conversion, but then again I am a whore for 1911 LS's.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    You know like a 22 conversion kit it would be a 45 long slide conversion kit !
    Or are they not a true 1911A1 spec frame ?
    You guys and your loose use of the term spec and mil-spec. I shake my head every time, the SAM pistols are all hand fitted that's why they don't always accept other components.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    You guys and your loose use of the term spec and mil-spec. I shake my head every time, the SAM pistols are all hand fitted that's why they don't always accept other components.
    Thanks for clearing that up .
    I thought these were a production built gun made to uniform specifications with interchangeable parts .
    I guess not
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Thanks for clearing that up .
    I thought these were a production built gun made to uniform specifications with interchangeable parts .
    I guess not
    They are for the most part. Grips will fit, certain other parts that did not require manual fitting during the production process will fit as well.

Each SAM 1911 is a custom gun in it's own right. They are hand fitted to ensure the fit and finish is up to their standard. This in turn makes "spec" parts out of spec, as all the hand fitting does away with the traditional tolerances.

At the end of the day, they are semi-production and semi-custom guns. The labor intensive process that goes into making each one of the SAM's is their allure and the praise of their product.

Quote Originally Posted by mewse View Post
    They probably have a longer frame than a 5" govt-style 1911. Commander models have full size frames but the dust cover part of the frame is shorter.
    In the original announcement thread Wolverine speculated bringing in just the top end for those that wanted to fit it to their own frame.
    That's why I asked

NO ALL STAINLESS!!!!!! boourns !!!! I was really looking forward to one (or two) of those

PROUD MEMBER OF I.U.O.E. local 793

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_d999 View Post
    NO ALL STAINLESS!!!!!! boourns !!!! I was really looking forward to one (or two) of those
    Me too.

All blued or all stainless = nice
    Stainless frame/blued slide = nice
    Blued frame/stainless slide = to me looks like someone cobbled it together from random parts.

At least the project happened. I'll email them to find out about some options. Wolverine has still made a sale from me either way though.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

I know I am super late to the bandwagon, but what Cali-Breys are they going to be offered in? 38 stupid? 10 sillimeter? 9 stupidmeter? 40 short and weak? 45 automatic compensation P****?
    Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Vires et honestas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ RTKBA
    I have too many guns, what a nice problem to have...