Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SAM Long Slides

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm out in the bush at work until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I haven't even seen it yet.
    Kristian

CGN Regular
    Still waiting to hear from Wolverine so I can shovel some cash their way.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    Still waiting to hear from Wolverine so I can shovel some cash their way.
    How long have you been waiting? send me an email grumpy@wolverinesupplies.com and I'll make sure you get looked after.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Super GunNutz
    Received mine today.... Nice! I'm impressed with the initial appearance/fit and finish of the pistol. Slide tolerances appear pretty tight and the slide feels smooth. Looking forward to hitting the range.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Finally got to look at mine, not too shabby. I'm a bit disappointed that the front strap checkering didn't make it to the finished guns, but I can do that myself. Mine also needs a bit of work on the thumb safety where it sticks out past the edge of the frame, and a bit of blending of the frame to the beavertail too. The slide is nice and tight though, and I'm pretty sure I like the sights too. Can't wait to shoot it now, just waiting for the paperwork now I guess. I didn't even wipe the oil off before taking a couple pictures. The finish is nice and even, looks more like a parkerizing than a blue though. Hopefully it's as durable as a parkerized finish.

Kristian

Very nice. I just sold my Thunderbolt. Might have to add one of these.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just finished stripping and cleaning it. The machining is pretty nice and the slide fit is pretty tight, but the bushing is pretty sloppy, about .006" barrel to bushing and the same for bushing to slide, so pretty much the same as the Norinco 1911's I have. I kinda expected better there, but it's easy enough to fix. Another small gotcha is that the safety detent spring doesn't have the little kink in it that my other ones do, and went flying, but I found it easy enough. There's also a couple pretty sharp edges on the thumb safety that I'll knock down, but overall it's way, way nicer than a Norinco. I tweaked the 3 forked spring a bit and the trigger is way lighter now too. The recoil spring, guide rod, and plug all look like standard government 1911 parts too, so spares should be easy to come by. All it needs now is some thinner grips.
    Kristian

Super GunNutz
    Put a set of CF VZ grips on mine and hit the range over the weekend. I have to say that the gun worked 100% and was quite smooth. Quite accurate as well. It won't replace my Les Baer but I REALLY like what Wolverine was able to deliver for the price point. Very cool! (Now we'll see how long it holds up lol.)

Hey Wolverine! Any news on the shipment of half-stainless longslides?
    As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.
    Albert Einstein

Any update on the half stainless half blued 1911s?