Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVB Industries ARC Stock - $579.99

Expired Business Member

MVB Industries ARC Stock - $579.99

MVB Industries ARC Collapsible PDW Stock

This is a 2-position collapsible stock for an AR-15 rifle. Works with any existing Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier allowing use with both gas impingement and gas piston systems. Requires only one-handed operation and will lock in both the closed and extended positions. Supplied with Springs and H1 buffer.

Weight: 23 oz.
    Length Collapsed: 4 – 7/8″ (from lower receiver buffer extension)
    Length Extended: 8 – 7/8″

In Stock - Ready to Ship - $579.99

Last edited by ctcs; 03-16-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Any plan for Troy PDW stock

Expired Business Member
    No - just planning to stock the MVB

I have (or have owned) all three PDW stocks. NEA came first with the $300 CCS, and aside from a somewhat awkward placement of the actuator button and inconsistent finish on the proprietary bolt carrier, it stacks up pretty well. The Troy PDW Stock has a nicer finish than the CCS, an aluminum (vice polymer) butt-plate, and comes with a bolt for its proprietary carrier. It has useless intermediate stock positions where only "open" and "closed" are required. The Troy product costs $500 CAD. The MVB ARC stock is by far the nicest of the 3 in terms of fit and finish, layout and overall quality. The actuator button is easily accessed on the Right side of the aluminum butt-plate. The stock locks both open and closed, although the friction-closed nature of the CCS may be preferable for fast deployment. The ARC Stock costs slightly more than the Troy PDW Stock, but it allows you to use ANY standard Bolt Carrier. This makes the MVB the only option for Piston-driven guns, period. Having tried all 3 systems, my vote goes firmly with the MVB ARC. You definitely get what you pay for in terms of design features and quality, and the flexibility of use in a piston gun is key for me. YMMV, but you will not go wrong with the MVB ARC Stock. It is the Cadillac of PDW stocks and absolutely oozes quality. And no, I am n ot a shill for CTCS. Just offering some first-hand experience for those in the market.
    Mark C

When will the mvb be back in stock?

Will this work on a factory COLT CAR-9???

Expired Business Member
    We're looking by the end of the month for these to come back in stock.

Have not tried this with a 9mm blowback system.

I will be test-firing my 9mm CMMG upper today and will let you know how it goes. Apparently all that is required is for you to remove the weight in the rear of the 9mm bolt carrier by punching out the large roll-pin and then install the ARC stock's buffer and spring system according to the instructions. This is mentioned by MVB Industries on their Facebook page. It is also worth noting that the ARC buffer will not work with proprietary bolt carriers that have a non mil-spec centre hole. An example would be the PWS piston guns, where the heavy-weight bolt carrier has a smaller than mil-spec diameter hole that the ARC buffer will nestle inside. I am seeking a custom solution for the PWS set-up through "Heavy Buffers Inc" out the U.S. and will report the results here when known.

I Hope this helps answer a few fAQs about the MVB ARC Stock compatibility.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I have (or have owned) all three PDW stocks. NEA came first with the $300 CCS, and aside from a somewhat awkward placement of the actuator button and inconsistent finish on the proprietary bolt carrier, it stacks up pretty well. The Troy PDW Stock has a nicer finish than the CCS, an aluminum (vice polymer) butt-plate, and comes with a bolt for its proprietary carrier. It has useless intermediate stock positions where only "open" and "closed" are required. The Troy product costs $500 CAD. The MVB ARC stock is by far the nicest of the 3 in terms of fit and finish, layout and overall quality. The actuator button is easily accessed on the Right side of the aluminum butt-plate. The stock locks both open and closed, although the friction-closed nature of the CCS may be preferable for fast deployment. The ARC Stock costs slightly more than the Troy PDW Stock, but it allows you to use ANY standard Bolt Carrier. This makes the MVB the only option for Piston-driven guns, period. Having tried all 3 systems, my vote goes firmly with the MVB ARC. You definitely get what you pay for in terms of design features and quality, and the flexibility of use in a piston gun is key for me. YMMV, but you will not go wrong with the MVB ARC Stock. It is the Cadillac of PDW stocks and absolutely oozes quality. And no, I am n ot a shill for CTCS. Just offering some first-hand experience for those in the market.
    You are wrong about the pricing. For me, Troy PDW has lower price than MVB since I'm building SBR from scratch. Troy PDW includes BCG which wroth at least $250.

Berserksun: You may want to revisit your calculations. Yes, the Troy PDW Stock kit comes with a full BCG. However, the NEA Stock kit also comes with a proprietary Bolt Carrier, just not a Bolt. As both kits come with a near-identical Bolt Carrier, the Troy Bolt alone is not worth the extra $200 IMO.....

The test fire of my CMMG 9mm Upper was a mixed success today. Function was 100%, however recoil was excessive, no doubt due to removal of the Bolt Carrier Weight to make room for the ARC Buffer. Not only does the 9mm set-up described on the MVB Facebook page involve removal of the Bolt Carrier Weight, it also substitutes the much lighter MVB ARC buffer for a standard (and heavier) 9mm Buffer. All things considered, removal of the Weight and substitution of the lighter Buffer = much sharper recoil and potential battering/accelerated wear of the ARC Operating Spring Assembly and/or the Outer Housing. At this point, I cannot recommend following MVB's suggested alteration of the standard 9mm Ramped Bolt to accommodate the ARC stock. By all means give it a try, but I think that you will find that the trade-off of increased recoil for the slightly shorter overall length is simply not worth the risk of damage to the host carbine or the ARC Springs/Housing. YMMV, of course.

At this point I am hoping that "Heavy Buffers Inc" out of the US will be able to set me up with a custom buffer to fit the PWS proprietary Bolt Carrier so that I can use the MVB ARC Stock with my MK 107 "Diablo" carbine. I will post whatever reply I receive from Heavy Buffers. Failing that, my ARC stock will end up on my DD Mk 18 until such time as I pick up a Piston-driven shorty carbine with a mil-spec Bolt Carrier.

FWIW....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 09-17-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    Mark C

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast