Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVB Industries ARC Stock - $579.99

Thanks for the free info Mark. Any idea if it works in a lwrc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Berserksun: You may want to revisit your calculations. Yes, the Troy PDW Stock kit comes with a full BCG. However, the NEA Stock kit also comes with a proprietary Bolt Carrier, just not a Bolt. As both kits come with a near-identical Bolt Carrier, the Troy Bolt alone is not worth the extra $200 IMO.....

The test fire of my CMMG 9mm Upper was a mixed success today. Function was 100%, however recoil was excessive, no doubt due to removal of the Bolt Carrier Weight to make room for the ARC Buffer. Not only does the 9mm set-up described on the MVB Facebook page involve removal of the Bolt Carrier Weight, it also substitutes the much lighter MVB ARC buffer for a standard (and heavier) 9mm Buffer. All things considered, removal of the Weight and substitution of the lighter Buffer = much sharper recoil and potential battering/accelerated wear of the ARC Operating Spring Assembly and/or the Outer Housing. At this point, I cannot recommend following MVB's suggested alteration of the standard 9mm Ramped Bolt to accommodate the ARC stock. By all means give it a try, but I think that you will find that the trade-off of increased recoil for the slightly shorter overall length is simply not worth the risk of damage to the host carbine or the ARC Springs/Housing. YMMV, of course.

At this point I am hoping that "Heavy Buffers Inc" out of the US will be able to set me up with a custom buffer to fit the PWS proprietary Bolt Carrier so that I can use the MVB ARC Stock with my MK 107 "Diablo" carbine. I will post whatever reply I receive from Heavy Buffers. Failing that, my ARC stock will end up on my DD Mk 18 until such time as I pick up a Piston-driven shorty carbine with a mil-spec Bolt Carrier.

FWIW....
    Does NEA's BCG contain Troy Logo on it? If it doesn't, you can't say they are nearly identical. And the price difference between Troy and NEA includes a lot off difference like: Quality, Multi-Collapsible-Position etc. For me, I'm willing to pay $200 more for Troy over NEA.

I'm not saying MVB ARC is expensive, since it is the only one can be compatible with regular BCG, it's good for people who want to use it on AR15 which already has regular BCG. But for me, I will choose Tory PDW

Any updates on the ETA? Thanks

Update: The ARC stock buffer fits and the system works just fine with the Gen 1 Primary Weapons proprietary long-stroke piston bolt carriers. My 7.5" PWS PDW rocks, big-time!
    Mark C

Expired Business Member
    More of these coming in within the next 2-3 weeks.

Will be a regularly stocked item

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Update: The ARC stock buffer fits and the system works just fine with the Gen 1 Primary Weapons proprietary long-stroke piston bolt carriers. My 7.5" PWS PDW rocks, big-time!
    Pics!

So where is it...the link on your website disappeared. Any problems?

Looking at one of these. Will you be restocking?
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Same here. I have plans for a very cool Cerakote job with one of these.

Any idea of next shipment?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast